Black screen after starting an installation on burned DVD OMV

• Hi,
    I'm not sure to understand what's going on. I Power up the machine, it boots on the DVD then I select install and afterwards everything goes black.
    I already made an installation on the same gears with no problem at all. I tested the DVD on another machine and it's fine.
    I erased everything on the ssd thinking it could be the multiple partitions giving trouble to the OMV setup to start with no success.
    I reseted my BIOS settings to default without success too.
    Like I said, I don't understand why I would get a black screen now and didn't have one before when I installed with an older OMV version.
    I even tried installing an older OMV version I had on DVD with the same problem occuring.
    Did anyone experience this?

Thank you!

• Put the ssd in the machine that the dvd boots on. Upgrade to 3.16 backports kernel. Move the ssd back to the problem machine. Run omv-firstaid to fix network.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I guess it's a workaround, because other than that problem the PC could still load the old OMV installation on the ssd. This before I erased the partitions used PartedMagic.
    Not sure why I didn't think of it before lol. :P
    It might also be lazyness. :P Opening 2 cases to move the BD Rom and SSD.
    Though, I'm still curious about what could cause this...

• Well, deactivating the Serial port didn't do the trick.
    In the end I did copy one HDD to the other using GParted within Partition Magic. I had to shrink the main partition because one disk was bigger than the other.
    I love how any install of linux is not hooked to the system it's installed on.
    I still wonder what could cause this black screen, anyone has an idea?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!