ASUS H170I-PLUS D3

• Hi,

I have built a new Home-Server and tried to install OMV 2.1 on it, but now I have 2 Problems that keep me from installing OMV.

First the Motherboards Network-Adapter (Intel I219-V Gigabit Lan) doesn't seem to be supported by Debian Wheezy (too new?). I downloaded the Drivers for the I218-V Version and put it in /firmware folder of the bootable USB-Drive, but even then the Debian-Installer doesn't detect it. So I continued the setup without Network/Internet Support.
    The second problem is the SSD Samsung M.2 SM951-NVMe. eventhough the Mainboard detects it, and i partitioned it with GParted, the Debian installer does not.

Any help for either of these Problems is much appreciated.

• Format your HDD in FAT32 then install OMV using a bootable USB or CD (Try using Rufus).
    After installing you can use GParted to create a partition as per your requirement.

Had a similar issue with G41 boards few days ago, did the same and it worked for me.

Let me know if it worked.

• Varunpilanker thanks, I tried what you said, but it didn't help.

Anyway, I got the System running now.

First I had to put in an old 60GB SSD and install OMV 2.1 without network support on it.
    Then I installed OMV 2.1 on a Virtual Machine on another computer, so I could install "build essential" and compile the Intel network drivers on the VM, then copy the binary file to /lib/modules/<KERNEL VERSION>/kernel/drivers/net/e1000e/e1000e.ko on the Server, after that I executed modprobe e1000e , that installed the driver. (This helped me alot: http://forums.linuxmint.com/vi…p?f=150&t=209410#p1093886)
    To get the network configured i had to run omv-firstaid, then do "configure network interface". After that the Server got an IP from the router, but still no internet. For that I had to add nameserver 8.8.8.8 the google DNS to /etc/resolv.conf.

With the OMV and the Internet now running on the Server, I installed OMV-Extras and the Backport Kernel 3.16 . Now OMV recognizes the NVMe SSD. I had hoped to install OMV on the NVMe SSD directly, but as it is now it's ok. I use the NVMe drive to store the Plex Database and probably i'll find some other use for it.

• Subzero,
    I just aquired these few skills the past days trying to get my system to work :) .
    I looked up debootstrap, but not in detail. Also I think it will not help me in this case. Because there seems to be another Problem with NVMe Drives that I didnt mention in my last post. Before i put in the old 60GB SSD and installed OMV, I downloaded Debian Jessie and tried to install it on the NVMe. The NVMe showed up in the installation process, I could partition it and install Debian on it, but on the step where The Bootloader should be installed I get an error. I did some reasearch and found out that it has something to with the NVMe not being loaded as /sda but as /nvme...something, I'm not exactly sure. Anyway thats when I got fed up and just decided to put the old SSD in.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take another read then again at debootstrap, your installing debian from a running system that already sees your drive. Debootstrap does not include kernel installation, but once you've chroot into it you can call the apt-get install for backport kernel.
    I am thinking about writing a guide, is not trivial for some users, but very practical in some cases, like yours..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!