Plex Media Server

• Noob question.

Lurker long time.

I followed the steps in some posts here (thanx) to put Plex in my OMV. That was May June of 2013. Well Plex is now gone commercial and it needs out of my OMV! Does way to much tracking and sucks bandwidth when it does, tracks ya when only using in house network too! NO GOOD Plex!

My OMV 4.38

Hoping there are some manual steps or a tute to get rid of it all. Can do from terminal.

Many thanx.

• Zitat von "WastlJ"
    Code
    service plexmediaserver stop
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver

To WastlJ

Thank for fast answer. Will get rid of all Plex? No Plex left behind?

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

If not this is total nonsense what you are saying.

To tekkbebe

Do not believe? Look router logs. Why many IP talk to Plex? Only use in house. Find owner IP. Not amazon as think! See http://www.donottrackplus.com/trackers/amazonaws.com.php & http://www.webmasterworld.com/…ngine_spiders/3828718.htm No want BOTS on house network!

Plex go commercial. Look https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plex_%28software%29 from site "Plex began as a freeware hobby project but since 2010 has evolved into a commercial software business that is owned and developed by a single for-profit startup company, Plex, Inc"

Early Plex good. Plex now like Google - Evil

Try change Plex port from 32400 - can't do, hard set. Why?

Plex is very poor security to me.

• Zitat von "Gaidge1955"

Thank for fast answer. Will get rid of all Plex? No Plex left behind?

Code
    man apt-get

Zitat

purge - Purge is identical to remove except that packages are removed and purged. Purge meaning that any configuration files are deleted too.

• Hello, sorry for being dumb, but how do I install openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin from omv-extras.org repo? It's not on the list of available plugins even though I do have omv-extras.org repo configured (so I resorted to minidlna which is on the list).
    I'm on sardaukar.

• Good night everyone on this great forum, I've been following this forum from years ago and until now I am registering! :D

I love OMV, and I've learned a lot but still a newbie. I have a noob question regarding to PMS:

I installed PMS and cannot make it work with a new hard drive I installed on my server. I can make it work only mounting my portable hard drive then Plex update the library fast, but this won't happen when I add my 1TB hard drive. This is driving me nuts, I know it's something with permissions but I can't figure it out!

However, I just want to stream locally at home, not over the Internet. Can you help me? I'm running Sardaukar 0.5.43 BTW. :)

Best Regards.

Charlie

• Give me full paths of where your media is on the old drive and the new drive. You just need to create symmlinks in the old media folders that links to new folders on new drive. Or you can use grehole or aufs plugins to create a pool of your drives.

• Thanks for replying Tekkbebe, I'm your fan! :)

Here's my situation: I have sda, sdb, sdc. sda for system, sdb is a small drive for stuff, sdc is a new HDD i just installed and I have a couple of movies there that I want to stream over Plex. Also I own a Portable Hard Drive where I have more movies and clips, I want to copy from portable hard drive to sdc and make that hard drive the main place for my movies. I followed the plex instructions and everything is good until I choose the movies path on sdc and the media scan finishes too quick, like the system thinks is nothing there!

I hope this can help, if you need me to run any command just let me know which command please.

Code
    /dev/sdb1 on /media/476bdedd-889f-499d-8c0a-567a4f612cd8 type ext4 (rw,noexec,_netdev,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0)
    /dev/sdc1 on /media/0de0156e-928b-4bf4-ab43-bc14ad33c3f6 type ext4 (rw,noexec,_netdev,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0)

Thank you!

Charlie

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!