OpenVPN AS 2 concurrent users KO

• Hello guys,

I would need some help here.
    I would say that my OMV system is pretty stable and I'm really happy with it.

I have OpenVPN AS plugin installed from the repository. The issue comes when I try to connect 2 users at the same time on VPN.

1) Connection of the first user: OK
    2) Connection of the second user: OK, but after a few minutes, the user is rejected.
    ---> "LICENSE: Access Server license failure: maximum concurrent_connections exceeded (2)"

--> Please, look at the server & device logs.

I though we can have 2 concurrent users...

Help?

Thanks in advance.

• Maybe also ask the OpenVPN Guys? I mean it's their piece of software, we just wrap the plugin around it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hey guys,

I've just solved it.

After checking that when I did the same test than @tekkb it didn't work for me... I realized that I was managing the openvpn as server with the same user that I tried to connect on VPN (siulman).
    I don't know why, but this was the problem....

I created a new user to manage the OpenVPN AS (in fact I just used the default "openvpn" users) GUI and now I can connect two users at the same time on VPN.

@davidh2k, I'm going to post it on their forum.

Thanks.

• siulman, great find and I apprecciate that you told us that you could figure it out. ;)

This will help us too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• When I saw your image above I thought this might be the case. I use the openvpn user, that is created when you install the plugin, to manage the WEB_ADMIN interface. Glad you figured it out.

We love OMV the same as you!!! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!