OMV Machine hangs randomly on large file transfers to OMV

• Ok, after I ran the command omv-mkconf samba, and set max protocol = smb3, Windows 10 let me mapped the drives, but not let me access it.
    I reboot the OMV, and the laptop.
    When I click Diagnose, it said "Windows can't find \\192.168.1.97\Shared". The name might be misspelled.
    It's not misspelled.
    After changed some registry settings on Windows, I can't access OMV at all.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Like I said before, none of those options during installation mean anything if you change settings in the samba plugin after. Does it work with max protocol = smb2? Not sure why it doesn't work for you. It worked perfect on my VM. Maybe something isn't restarting to get the settings??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I didn't get a chance to change it to smb2 protocol.
    Somehow after the reboot OMV, I couldn't access the system remotely.
    I had to restore the system again.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I had the same problem with connection loss and driver unloading after copying files to a share via windows 10 explorer.
    For me the installation of the backport kernel 3.16 improved the stability of the system, but didn't completely solved the issue.

I found out that even the 3.16 kernel loads the driver version rt8169 instead of the original driver rt8168.

I followed this tutorial and installed the correct version:

http://www.fene-blog.de/linux/…it-realtek-r8169-beheben/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!