Create Share in pool From FreeNas

• Hello,

I have imported a freenas pool and now, I want to create a NFS share.
    I have created a share (NFSShare) that is in Main (it is the name of my ZFS Pool) in the directory NFS).
    After that, I create a NFS Share and I select the share NFSShare.
    After that, I am told that the configuration has changed and I must click on Apply to do the changes. I do it and I have this error.

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit -t 2>&1':
    /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Error: syntax error
    '"legacy"'

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit -t 2>&1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Error: syntax error '"legacy"'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/monit.inc:56
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleMonit->applyConfig()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

Can you please tell me what I am missing?

Thank you
    Marc

• Hello,

Thank you for your time.
    Here is the content of the file.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is the following line in /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:

Code
    check filesystem fslegacy with path "legacy"

This is explicit mentioned in the error message:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit -t 2>&1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Error: syntax error'"legacy"'

Maybe a problem of the ZFS or another plugin.

• Hello,
    You are right, it is the problem.
    Do you have any idea about what I could do? Is there a compatibility problem with the pool coming from Freenas (9.3)?

Thank you
    Marc

• All my entries look like this:

Have you enabled legacy mounting for some datasets/filesystems?

• Hello,

There is no legacy share in my dataset.
    I have never enabled anything with legacy anywhere. I have made the installation, imported the pool and created a NFS share. (I don't remember seeing anything with legacy in the parameters).

Thank you
    Marc

EDIT : After disabling the notification, and after creating the NFS share, I have the following error

Failed to mount 'Main/.system': mount: can't find legacy in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'Main/.system': mount: can't find legacy in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(206): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

EDIT2 : I have removed the .system share (in Freenas, I have moved it to another pool). After that, it still didn't work (after importing the pool, the NFS share wasn't working with the same error), so I have reinstalled OpenMediavault (restored an old snapshot) and imported the pool again. After that the problem has disapeared. So when there is a .system in a pool, there are problems with ZFS. I guess the legacy was because of the .system.

Marc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!