openmediavault-letsencrypt

• Hi,
    I generated new certs.
    the operation from the plugin worked.
    It generated a lot of stuff in /etc/letsencrypt (mostly .pem)
    ... but I don't have any new certificate in the certificate section of OMV webui :/
    how can I use this new cert ?

another thing : the renewal cron doesn't work.
    I get this :

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- omv-letsencrypt 2>&1' with exit code '1': Existing certificate uuid is invalid Use the Generate Certificate button in the plugin view at least once before using this script.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceCron->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusq9...', '/tmp/bgoutput3y...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCron->execute(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Cron', 'execute', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}
  • I have this error when try to generate my first certificate:

What can I do, and what info is needed to provide

• My OMV is behind my router, so where should the SNI proxy be installed?

• My OMV is behind my router, so where should the SNI proxy be installed?

• Hello, i need some help with letsencrypt for my Nextcloud server.
    I've created 2 host names with no-ip: one for my omv panel, and the second one for nextcloud. Nextcloud works very well with the Nginx and MySQL plugin. The only thing i need is a second letsencrypt certificate for my second hostname. The http version works flawlessly. When i a the second domain name to letsencrypt, nothing happens. I've added a image for help.
    Does anyone knows how to add multiple certificates ? Thank in advance!

• Hello, i need some help with letsencrypt for my Nextcloud server.
    I've created 2 host names with no-ip: one for my omv panel, and the second one for nextcloud. Nextcloud works very well with the Nginx and MySQL plugin. The only thing i need is a second letsencrypt certificate for my second hostname. The http version works flawlessly. When i a the second domain name to letsencrypt, nothing happens. I've added a image for help.
    Does anyone knows how to add multiple certificates ? Thank in advance!

you must disable the certificate in your nginix and probaply in your omv webpage. In the moment when you create a new certification
    you dont use on every nginx-plugin or omv the old letsencrypt certificat

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hello,

what do you think about optionally opening the port for the webserver during the renewal:

Code
    apt-get install upnpc
    upnpc -d 443 TCP

letsencrypt renew

upnpc -r 443 TCP

That could work in theory, but what's the purpose of using an SSL certificate if you're using UPnP?

• Hello,

I do not see the relation between upnp and SSL.

I need the certificate for some services not running on Port 443. I do not want to expose the Web-Interface to the web.
    I think, that will be similar for other users.
    Thus, I intend to open 443 just for the renewal of the certificate and this is done with upnpc.

Is that clearer now?

Regards,
    Hendrik

• Oh, I understand now! I made the ridiculous assumption that you wouldn't be using it for anything other than your OMV control panel. That was stupid on my part. Sorry about that.

• Hey there.
    I have an installation of omv 3.0.88 running and I try to install the plugin. But I get an error saying
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-letsencrypt : Depends: certbot but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."
    And I cannot install certbot either since it is apparently not a valid package... I am puzzled at this stage how to get the plugin installed now... any suggestions anyone?

• Offizieller Beitrag

certbot is in jessie-backports. What is the output of: apt-cache policy certbot

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• you must disable the certificate in your nginix and probaply in your omv webpage. In the moment when you create a new certificationyou dont use on every nginx-plugin or omv the old letsencrypt certificat

I've tried that multiple times. the second certifite will not appeard in the list of the nginx plugin. Did you mean a second certifite is not needed for both omv web and nextcloud?
    Im back from vacation, thats the reason why my replay is a little bit late.
    A new domain with no-ip give the same result. i think its not an domain problem. Maybe the plugin?

• Okay, since I didn't know about backports, I couldn't find it because of that I guess...
    so, will try to install tonight or tomorrow morning and get back to you.

(although I think this is obsolete now, the output:

certbot is in jessie-backports. What is the output of: apt-cache policy certbot

certbot:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: (none)
    Package pin: (not found)
    Version table:

• Hey there,
    I just found out that my OMV does not generate the certificate for a second given domain.
    In the plugin section I defined: "a.mydomain.com,b.mydomain.com" (without quotes) as domains.
    After Pressing "Generate Certificates" I only receive a.mydomain.com in my "live" folder from LetsEncrypt.

Do you know this issue?

Best regards
    Benedikt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!