How to install Seafile with MySQL and SSL

• updating seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /opt/seafile/seafile-server-5.1.3 ...

You obviously didn't run the right script. This script does not automatically download and update to the newest version.
    You have to download and extract the new version, as @Zoki already said.

For the upgrade, you have to run the seafile script of the new version, inside the new directory.
    In this case:

../seafile-server-5.1.4/upgrade/

OMV 3.x | Banana PI (M1) | | | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

Edited 2 times, last by sieben ().

• Hi,
    thanks for this guide.

But I have a problem choosing the right directory for seafile-data.

How can i get my data-directory on my harddrive and not on the system-SSD. There it puts all my data, when I upload something to my seafile

• I love this community. I've been running OwnCloud 7 since it was released but I've been hearing that Seafile is much better. With no official support anytime near I decided to try Seafile on my VmWare server and no matter what Linux distro I used or guides online I just couldn't get it to work. Then I said hell I'll put it on OMV using your guide and there was not a single issue. Well there is one, for some reason even though I have a valid SSL Certificate from StartSSL the client fails to connect unless I check the box "do not verify certificate" which is odd. Oh well, it's working and now I can do testing.

Thank you for the great work! Hopefully this is much easier to update than OwnCloud, which is really why I moved on.

• Let's Encrypt is better than StartSSL, and OMV has a plugin for it too.
    NextCloud has more features and friendlier than Seafile.

Thanks tinh_x7! I'll give the Let's Encrypt plugin a try. Seafile appears to be much faster than my OwnCloud7 so far from my testing, though the newer NextCloud version probably has improvements. I'll give it a try and compare.

• Keep in mind to stop seafile,
    extract the downloaded file with the specific user,
    use the upgrade script from the /upgrade directory from the previously extracted folder (e.g. upgrade_5.1_6.0.sh to upgrade from 5.1.3 to 6.0.3)
    check all file permissions
    start seafile.

and your done.

• to you nice mentors :)

i would just like to share how i got around installing seafile on an odroid c2 (64 bit aarch8) which has failed as i mentioned on post 71 on this thread...

1) installed omv 3.0.13 ISO for odroid c2, and run apt-get update , however there was an error .... NO_PUBKEY 7AA630A1EDEE7D73 that came out...
    I did not get the key and left it as it is, because, if i get the key with.

apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73

i could not install plugins anymore.

Moreso, if I ran apt-get upgrade, it breaks the omv webui and i could not log-in.

2) to get around the error no2 on seafile installation (the 64 bit/32 bit conundrum), i got the idea from here

did this...

dpkg --add-architecture armhf

apt-get update

3) a preferences file had to be written, because, the first time i tried this installation, omv broke again, so i copied this procedure from here

did this...

nano /etc/apt/preferences

copy and paste then save this script...

Code
    Package: *
    Pin: release n=jessie
    Pin-Priority: 600

then..

apt-get update

4) i then installed libselinux for armhf(32bit) because the second time i tried installing seafile, i got an error...

/seafile/seafile-server-1.6.0/seafile/bin/ccnet-init: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so then i tried this...

apt-get install libselinux1:armhf

then...

apt-get update

After which i continued with the rest of the tutorial on page 1 of this thread.....

the only hitch i encountered this time was when i issued this from the tutorial...

/etc/init.d/seafile-server restart

i get this message from the terminal...

sudo: unable to resolve host openmediavault

don't know why,...

so i tried the following anyway, and i don't know if it is correct...

service seafile-server restart

and wooooohooooo!!!!!! it wooooorks!!!!! :)

thanks very much again!!!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!