FileSystem more 80 percent.

• Hi everyone,

I have a problem in file system, OVM is too big (Error log : Mar 1 11:30:21 Framboise monit[4350]: 'fs_media_1ffeeed8-f878-4d23-ac6a-45bdf7ba940e' space usage 95.8% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]).
    My SD card is 32 GB.

Anyone can me help ?

Thx a lot !

• Hi, I would guess that you can increase the size of your mmcblk0p2 partition.
    Why do you have a third partition labelled "rrdcache"?
    Check with lsblk how the sizes of the partitions of your sd card are exactly.

The partitions can be enlarged via the Webgui, if the partition is not referenced.

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• Ok, there is definitely lots of space left on you sd card.

Did you ever thought about moving OMV to your HDD? It's supposed to run a bit faster and more reliable than on a SD card.

As I am on a banana pi and don't have a partition for rrdcache, so I don't want to say something wrong.
    Generally you'd have to move the third (mmcblk0p3) partition to the end of the sd card, to be able to increase the size of the second partition.

tekkb posted a video about this issue:
    RPI: how to expand the OS partition after writing image

• Yes it is possible to move the OS to the HDD. You can just google that ;)

You probably would have to move the existing partition on your HDD though, to create a first partition for the OS.
    And another thing is, the HDD won't spin-down (go into idle) anymore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!