• So, my request is, to use owncloud with the mysql and without any other attitude in omv likes user or rights.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hello guys
    I want to share my experience with owncloud , I dedicated many many hours to run on owncloud on OMV,it works but not very well . there are 20 days that I have installed on my system Proxmox and I virtualized a Virtual appliances of turnkeylinux.org , I downloaded the ISO file ownCloud ,
    and installed it on my server , is a version of debian 7.2 with owncloud,webmin,webshell,mysql, etc etc.. , is very fast, everything works You can also install it on VirtualBox .
    For the moment this is my alternative

• I installed the latest version of owncloud simply over the existing installation, whitch cames with the omv owncloud plugin, via agt-get :)
    (From this repository: http://download.opensuse.org/r…ud:/community/Debian_6.0/)

And, everything works fine as long as i deactivate the OpenMediaVault user and group backend app!

otherwise i get this error

Code
    Call to a member function groupExists() on a non-object at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/group/manager.php#90

Mayby anybody has a simple fix for this error?

HP ProLiant N54L | 16 GB RAM | 4x4TB WD Red RAID 5 | ESXi 5.5 | OMV 2.1.x 64 bit

• The users are importing fine. There is some issue with the groups. With that backend app installed OC5 is just to slow, brings it to a crawl. That is why we say this is still a beta. Volker said when he gets time he will look at this backend app again for OC6. There are many changes in OC6 so the app should not be used period in OC6. For now I think it is best to install OC6 from scratch in Wheezy. I have some notes for Wheezy but have not put together a Guide.

I don't know if you saw my notes on earlier pages on this thread...

http://forums.openmediavault.o….php?f=13&t=130&start=130

• Im having the same problem. I can see that mount.json is updated by openmediavault when I add shares to Owncloud Plugin 1.1.1, but it has no effect when I login to Owncloud. What I have noticed is that mount.json is placed on /media/ea...../ownclould/mount.json according to the documentation is should be at data/mount.json ??? maybe this is the problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• If you created a shared folder to put the data in for owncloud it does not have to be called data. But you need to check this file:

/var/www/owncloud/config/config.php

There is a line for the data directory location and it should be using the data folder location that you want to use.

e.g.

'datadirectory' => '/media/uuid/owncloud/' (where uuid is the long uuid number of the data drive where you created your shared folder)

• True. It points to the right place. And Owncloud works in general.

'datadirectory' => '/media/ea21f1x7-b011-4381-9bfb-486f4cb70476/owncloud/',

I can see the test-files I have created in the owncloud-web-interface. No problem. It is the connection to my SMB shares which does work. The file mount.json is places in the above directory, and I can see the SMB shares I have added in the OMV web-interface. But when login into the owncloud-web-interface, I cant see the shares???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• If you want to share one of your local folder to users on ownCloud there is a plugin you need to install in the ownCloud apps section. It is called "External Storage Support". You enable that. Then you go into the admin/admin via the dropdown upper right hand corner. Then you will have section called "External Storgage". You can put local path of local shared folder you want to share. And then put in users you want to share it with. It is easy and fast this way.

• Ahh. Now I got it :)

Enabling "External Storage Support" did a big difference :) Now I see my SMB shares. Thanks tekkbebe!

Software:

Hardware:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!