OMV as Backup Server with different size drives

• Hey Guys

Been using OMV on my micro server for years now. It has 4 x 3tb drives running in raid 5. I have been manually backing up all my data.

I would like to put an old computer to work as a backup server. I have some odd size drives lying around that I would like to use.

2 x 2TB
    3 x 1TB
    1 x 500GB

Couple of questions. What is the best way to set the server up for the mixed hard drive sizes I have?
    Also what is the best way to have the backup server backup my current server?

Cheers

• Couple of questions. What is the best way to set the server up for the mixed hard drive sizes I have?

Probably as a Pool via the Unionfilesystem Plugin.

Also what is the best way to have the backup server backup my current server?

Usually rsync, there is a Guide for that in the Guide Section.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!