Plex Media Server Plugin Issue

• Hello everyone,
    I have a issue when i want to install the plexmediaserver-Plugin.

My System:
    Banana Pi
    Samsung 1TB 2,5" HDD
    2A 5V Power Supply
    Banana Pi SATA-Cable

So here is my log:

Has someone a idea?

Königderpimpfe

• Purge both packages and plugin:
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get pruge plexmediaserver

Then install like this, first in command line:
    apt-get install plexmediaserver

Then in the webgui:
    install the plexmediaserver plugin via the plugins serction.

• In the command line all was fine.
    But when i want to install the plexmediaserver plugin in WebGUI it doesn't work.

• Hmmm... Plex must not be starting then.

What do you get with:
    service plexmediaserver status

If it is not running try to start it. Does it say anything?

PS- I just checked and the package does no install the /var/lib/plexmediaserver folder. This folder and all below it is created when the server is run.

• Plex is not started.
    How i can start Plex?

I get also this error, when i login into the web admin interface: http://share-your-photo.com/00893e635d
    With this content:

Code
    Fehler #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/plexmediaserver)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc:82
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(63): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • @ryecoaaron Do you know if this package he is installing from our repos works with the bpi??? I inmagine it is same arm package that is being used with the rpi2 & 3.

No idea. That is one of the few boards I haven't owned. Maybe it is a supporting library version difference.

omv 5.5.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Those two plugins have little or no dependencies. Plex is much, much larger. I was just speculating. It works on odroids (c1,c2,xu3,xu4) and RPis. No idea why it doesn't work on BPi. I highly doubt it has something to do with the plugin though. Has to be an issue with the plex package which we don't create.

omv 5.5.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!