BIG Problem --> OMV 2.2.2 updated itself to Debian 8.4!! HELP!!

• hi,
    when i try to use apt-get i get this:

cat /etc/apt/source.list:

Without apt-get update I cannot install omv-extras not again! please help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Stop editing your sources.list. Then you won't have these problems. You are on debian wheezy and you have jessie-backports enabled???

The owncloud repo (opensuse) is causing the problems. You should add any external repo using the custom repos tab in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The owncloud plugin doesn't add the opensuse repos and nothing I know adds jessie-backports to a wheezy install.

nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    remove opensuse and jessie lines.
    ctrl-o to save ctrl-x to exit
    apt-get update

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• 1. Remove non Wheezy/stoneburner from your OMV's source.list
    2. Check for packages installed from improper repositories and note them at least --» maybe some one could advise you which command to do so.
    3. add any external repo using the custom repos tab in omv-extras.

As ryecoaaron advised you to do (for 1 & 3).

• Hi,
    thanks for the answers. I deleted the jessy-stuff but in the source.list is nothing about opensuse? I still have the issues in the first post.

edit: i tried this:

Code
    apt-get install netselect-apt
    netselect-apt
    mv sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list
    omv-update

but I'm a little bit afraid of using "omv-update". Can I use this without getting problems like updating PHP to 5.5??

• The file with the owncloud package is probably in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list

Anyway, instead of deleting that, the following command should solve your owncloud problem:

Code
    gpg --recv-keys 0A506F712A7D8A28 && gpg --export 0A506F712A7D8A28 |apt-key add -

If the other error persists, change ftp.debian* in sources.list to http.debian*

What omv-update does is:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated \
    --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" dist-upgrade
  • Now I have a BIG problem!!!

After using the "update"-Tab in the Webgui I'm now on Debian 8.4 and nothings working anymore!!!

So I think I have to reinstall.

Two questions:
    - When will OMV 3 be released? Should I wait or will it be possible to upgrade from 2.2.2?
    - I would like to save the settings of my plugins (for example Snapraid, AUFS, Virtualbox...). Where do I find the settings? Which folder I have to copy?

HELP!!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't have used net-select. It puts the word stable in your sources.list instead of wheezy. Stable is jessie now. omv-update is also dangerous when stable is used in sources.list.

OMV 3.x will not be released any time soon.

There is no way to save settings. You can copy /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for reference. This is why we suggest having a backup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The backup should be fine if your configuration hasn't changed much.

Don't use OMV 3.x. Not stable and about to go through a major change that will be very unstable.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• I changed some stuff. I was going to update the Backup, but then i found the issue with apt-get update and that's why I've waited.

But reinstallation shouldn't be a big deal. but will Snapraid work on a new System? Or is there some problems with the UUID and should I rebuild it?

And should I update the Kernvel to v 4.4?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are reinstalling, snapraid should work fine. Will you have to do a full re-sync? Probably.

Where would you get the 4.4 kernel? Currently, the 4.4 is in jessie-backports. If you choose to use one of the kernels people are compiling here on the forum, that is your choice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Considering the wheezy backports kernel you can install with omv-extras is 3.16, I'm sure the 4.4 kernel has plenty of advantages but it isn't as well tested on wheezy as the 3.16 kernel. I would stick with the 3.16 kernel.

• There is no way to save settings. You can copy /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for reference. This is why we suggest having a backup.

Wie macht man ein Backup der Einstellungen? Es wäre toll, dass über die GUI machen zu können.

Mark

- Meine Kenntnisse in der englischen Sprache sind leider sehr begrenzt. -

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wie macht man ein Backup der Einstellungen? Es wäre toll, dass über die GUI machen zu können.

Ich spreche kein Deutsch.

I agree that it would be great to be able to backup settings but it is not possible currently. You have to make an OS level backup.

• ryecoaaron's note about backports kernel stability appreciated

Ich spreche kein Deutsch.

I agree that it would be great to be able to backup settings but it is not possible currently. You have to make an OS level backup.

@Mark it's feasible using mostly the Web UI

1. Setup once for all
    - Create rsnapshot profile for localhost in /etc/rsnapshot/localhost
    - Put in what you want to save, e.g. /etc (you can take /etc/rsnapshot.conf as an example or one of the many online guides at your preference).
    2 Schedule
    - From the Web UI, add a job as per your needs
    For example I have

Code
    /usr/bin/rsnapshot -c /etc/rsnapshot/localhost daily

3. Check your log

Jetzt es ist schön !

• I've reinstalled OMV, insert my AUFS-Pool and Snapraid.

But I've got the following issues:
    - I have high I/O-Wait (10-40% every approx. 20 secs). I had this before, too, but I thought with a reinstallation it would be gone
    - I have no write-access to half of the folders on the Pool. I resetted the permissions 4 time in the webgui, but it didn't help.
    - Snapraid won't make a sync, because my Disks are too full and I have to remove 2 Files (before it did work...)
    - AUFS stores only onto one HDD (the fullest and it is /sda)

The Problem with snapraid I would like to solve by transferring and deleting the two named files --> but it doesnt work because of the missing write-permissions. So i tried to move the files from FolderA on the Pool to FolderB on the Pool --> it doesnt work, because AUFS tries to move 4TB on a HDD with 3GB left....

Anyone some solutions?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!