Wordpress adding plugins

• I got Wordpress installed and running on my server. But I'm having problems adding plugins. When I click on install, I entered my FTP info and get the following message-

Zitat

Downloading install package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/theme-check.20151211.1.zip…

Unpacking the package…

Could not create directory.

I also tried directly uploading a plugin from the computer and got-

Zitat

Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2016/04. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

How do I check or make the directory writable? I'm familiar with chmod through FTP and changing permissions there, but I'm a noob to linux and FTP has more info other than what I'm use to.
    My shared folder is wordpress and Wordpress was installed into that folder. /media/cc314677-ebb3-485c-867e-73a1b2b64a2c/wordpress

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have ftp access to that shared folder enabled in the ftp plugin?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: ls -al /media/cc314677-ebb3-485c-867e-73a1b2b64a2c/wordpress/wp-content/uploads

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

How about: ls -al /media/cc314677-ebb3-485c-867e-73a1b2b64a2c/wordpress/

• it shows

the kashyyyk is the user I used to create the wp-config.php page. I did it on my PC and logging in with this username, I added it through the network onto the OMV server. I installed Wordpress through Nginx.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

That makes more sense. I thought you were using the wordpress plugin. You have the wrong permissions on everything in that folder. The files should be owned by the same user that you have specified to run php (should not be root).

• Thanks, I set the user and group and it now has my username as owner. Not I have a different error.

When I go to the plugin page, and click add plugins, I get an error on the page where there are usually plugins to choose from. They where there before I changed the owner-

Zitat

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.

I went into the server and checked the error log and got-

Zitat

2016/04/19 20:23:58 [error] 2576#0: *2070 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /media/cc314677-ebb3-485c-867e-73a1b2b64a2c/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php on line 158" while reading upstream, client: ::ffff:192.168.1.20, server: , request: "GET /wp-admin/plugin-install.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fpm-dec37148-2b4c-4adb-bef4-90a77411c43e.sock:", host: "192.168.1.11:8080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.11:8080/wp-admin/plugin-install.php"

I checked, the IP 192.168.1.20 is my PC I'm using.

When I use the upload plugin and install the plugin from my drive, it works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wrote the wordpress plugin and the instructions for installing wordpress using the nginx plugin but I don't actually use wordpress :) So, I can't help much there.

• OK, I got it mostly installed just through the PC and moving the stuff over that way through LAN and it's working otherwise, just fine.

I do have a question if you could help/point me. I'm a noob to linux and the wordpress has permalinks, it uses rewrite to get the URL SEO links instead of numbers for the links, in apache it's mod_rewrite and looking, it's try_files in nginx. I found I need

Code
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;

in my conf.d for nginx. But I can't figure out how to get it there. Can you tell me or point me where to read up. I guess I'm looking to see how do I find that file's location in my install, and then how do I add that line.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would probably have to go in the extra options box.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!