Crashplan in Docker not working

• Hello,

I am trying to work with crashplan in Docker.
    I have installed the jrcs/crashplan and also I made a test with the hello-world container and I have the error message when trying to run it.

Is there something I can do?

Thank you
    Marc

I have seen the follwing error message
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message '96b89ddbc9013e1ff102c0903de92160bcc286a088b0a239c5da5c8350e52445
    docker: Error response from daemon: rpc error: code = 2 desc = "shim error: invalid argument".' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:517
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(492): OMVModuleDockerUtil::exec('docker run -d -...', Array, 125)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

• Hello,
    Thank you for your time.
    The crashplan should run without an error message (it doesn't).
    The hello-world should do nothing (but show no error message, simply do nothing).
    After searching for problems with this error, it seems that since the docker plugin has been upgraded in OMV, it is not possible to run docker plugins without installing a backport kernel.
    As soon as I have installed the backport kernel, the containers run normally.
    the only problem I have is that the bridge doesn't work. I assign the port and I can't find the container. I have to chose the host option.
    Perhaps it is related to the fact that the OMV is running virtualbox?

Marc

• Hello,

You are right, I have to press the "+" button of the last line or it won't work (sorry I didn't think I had to make it, I thought it was automatic for the last line.
    For the other problem :

A few weeks ago, I have installed the docker plugin and all was working perfectly (I installed the sabnzbd jail and was able to use it (connect to the web gui)).
    After that, I have removed all the containers and yesterday, I have decided to make another test with crashpolan and I saw that I couldn't run a container anymore (with the error message I have put in the OP).
    I made a test with the Hello-World plugin and the sabnzbd plugin.
    After looking at this error
    docker: Error response from daemon: rpc error: code = 2 desc = "shim error: invalid argument
    I saw that the kernel was too old in the following post
    https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/22037

And that the old kernel was never supported but it was working, so I have installed the backport kernel (3.16) and now Docker is working perfectly.

Marc

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well I just did some testing today with older versions of docker, it works with kernel 3.2 (I just tested daemon start not running containers) but there are some serious issues that can make container not work, kernel hangs, data loss, etc. so that's why the docker documentation points to the back port. There is more more info in the issues section at github for docker.

some months ago I was sure docker did not worked in kernel 3.2 the daemon simply did not started. Even so I recall a user in the forum who forced the install on a kernel 3.2 and left him broken apt, because daemon would not start.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!