PC Won't Power Off When Halted

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you running the 3.16 backports kernel?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install omv-extras plugin and click the Install backports button in the kernel tab.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you rebooted into the new kernel?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Might need an even newer kernel. There are plenty of posts on this forum about using 4.x kernel on OMV 2.x

• Also found out a couple different things. First one is I tried a different home server on it and it does the same thing. Secondly I found out that after I halt it and it "powers down" if I hit the power button it reboots, this is good because before to get it to boot again I had to unplug it and reset the CMOS. I believe it's no longer a problem involving OMV, either it's normal behavior for that motherboard or it's some sort of hardware incompatibility.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Send Supermicro a message and ask them what they recommend. I have two Supermicro boards and both shutdown fine.

• Send Supermicro a message and ask them what they recommend. I have two Supermicro boards and both shutdown fine.

I contacted them and they even gave me a newer bios that I didn't see on their website but alas that and the other suggestion they had didn't change anything. I ordered a Supermicro ATX PSU off of Ebay and received it today, as soon as I get some 8 pin power cable extensions I ordered I'll try it out.

• Got my 8 pin power extensions today and tried my Supermicro PSU, it didn't change anything.

I'm just going to work around this problem, everything else on the hardware works good.

• Ok I think I have it fixed and it wasn't OMV's fault.

I bought some new heatsinks the other day and during install I had what I thought where power supply/motherboard problems. Anyways after about 5 hours of troubleshooting I found out the problem was something I didn't expect, during the initial motherboard install I left in some standoffs that didn't match any motherboard holes and put electrical tape over them to provide some extra support for the motherboard. As soon as I removed them it started behaving correctly and a unexpected benefit is that my power off problem is fixed, the power button behaves like it should.

The only reason I can think of why those standoffs caused a problem is that they were putting to much upward pressure on the motherboard, I know it probably wasn't a shorting problem due to using electrical tape.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!