Do have problems with nginx configuration

• I tried to get the installation on place but I face below error then:

• You can but I like using the GUI because isn't that what its designed for. If we keep doing it all through terminal then whats the point of having the GUI...lol

Just go into where you made the Seafile-data folder (shared folders) and click the button at the top that says ACL and toggle the Seafile user on. It may not help but that's the only thing i can think of unless you didn't load the Seafile user correctly before installing seafile.

• I haven't learned that yet...lol. but then i'm always using test machines so i'm never to concerned about setting them wrong. I would say the reason people say not to touch them is because its easy to screw them up, I could be wrong.

I'm not a Linux wiz so for me its process of elimination and as much of the GUI as i can use, otherwise I just delete all and start again. Eventually someone on the forum sets me straight if i cant fix it...lol... Its all about patience and learning :)

• @Zoki, Restarting either Seafile the way you said above or restarting Nginx did not work for me in a fresh new VM. The only thing that worked was to reboot the server. I original had a step there saying to reboot but someone asked me to remove that step saying I was not necessary. For now I will have to put it back in or people will complain about bad gateways. I'll do some more testing later, we might need to restart it another way.

There are strange people around here :)

I am not quite sure why you get the bad gateway error.

seafile needs to be restarted to pick up the change from http to fastcgi.
    after that nginx might have to be restarted to connect to seafile via fastcgi, but I am using an apache reverse proxy from my web-proxy server so I can not help to much with that nginx.
    I might try your tutorial an a vm this weekend.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If I run

root@NAS:~# rm -r seafile
    rm: Entfernen von „seafile“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    root@NAS:~#

I even can't delete anymore the existing seafile installation.

you have been using an relative path: delete the directory seafile in the curent directory. The error message says there is no file or directory named seafile in the current directory.
    What are you trying to delete? The seafile directory which has been created during your first installation (this should be in /root/seafile) or the one created be the new tutorial (this should be /opt/seafile).

If it is the later, do not delete it, because it is the home directory of the seafile user.

You can PM me in german the next 1.5h if you like.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• @Zoki, I found it to be a seahub problem. When restarting Seafile seahub doesn't restart with it. It seems to just stop and not start. If i start seahub manually afterwards its works. The problem I have is and correct me if i'm wrong but both seahub and seafile have to be started by the seafile user and the seafile startup script gets used by root. Its a combination of commands i'm having trouble getting my head around to restart them together..lol. Reboot seems to be the only easy solution i have right now, maybe you'll have more luck :)

• @Zoki, I found it to be a seahub problem. When restarting Seafile seahub doesn't restart with it. It seems to just stop and not start. If i start seahub manually afterwards its works. The problem I have is and correct me if i'm wrong but both seahub and seafile have to be started by the seafile user and the seafile startup script gets used by root. Its a combination of commands i'm having trouble getting my head around to restart them together..lol. Reboot seems to be the only easy solution i have right now, maybe you'll have more luck :)

Seafile comes with two scripts

Code
    seafile.sh

and

Code
    seahub.sh

one to sart / stop seafile and one to start / stop seahub. These must be run as the seafile user .

The script seafile-server in /etc/init.d is a wrapper around both of these. This script has to be run as root.
    It executes both scripts as the seafile user (defined as user=seafile in the script).

If this script does not start seahub for you, we need to check the script. Mine does this:

And yes, I do not have seafile in /opt but in /home on this machine

• why can't fastcgi set to be true from the very start?

This could be done, but then you could not thes if the first part of the installation worked with your browser.
    Not all of us want nginx to handle the requests.

• Still not yet successful, I'm not sure where I can fix that error or what I should do. Any input would be great.

Enter the password for mysql user "seafile":
    [ password for seafile ]

verifying password of user seafile ...
    Failed to connect to mysql server using user "seafile" and password "***": Access denied for user 'seafile'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!