Windows 10 machines unable to open a shared folder

• HI
    I've spend hours looking at other configs, and posts etc and I seem to have my setup as it should be.
    I've created my family as indivdual users and added them all to a group called family.
    I've created a share folder for each and every one, with access by only that family member. (I cannot delete the HDD, so I am using existing folders - these were created by an old Raspberry Pi NAS)
    Then I have only two commonly shared folders by the whole family, with read/write and ACL access set according to basically everyone else on internet. :)
    I've added these folders to SMB/CIFS, again as per WWW!

These common two folders ("Media" and "Shared) can be accessed with the usernames and passwords on a Linux machine and even on Android devices. (Duh, I logged in with my account, so that Linux don't ask for username and PW.) But from a Windows 10 machine, I can only access the folders from the administrator account. When I change username and password, I just can't access the shares. I can access the individual user's folder with his credentials, but not the shares. I can see the folders under "Network" when I click on "RASPBERRYPI" as I expect, but no access, not even viewing.

I have no idea what to do and not sure if its a windows issue or OMV setup issue.
    Below is the global and one shared folder in my smb.conf file.
    At this stage, I have switched ACL on and off on the folder.
    This setup is on a Raspberry Pi B+

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could be that drives come with restricted permissions from the other system. If you have omvextras installed go to shared folder section there should be a reset permission tab. You can select there and clear ACL and reset to default the folder "Media Folder"

also I am not sure if parhs with spaces need to be quoted in samba. I will have to test it.

• I've checked permissions on the file system itself, and found one or two mistakes. I used the "ls -l" command to see if permissions changed or not when I change it from the web interface, and it did. Below is some output, I've reset all permissions, so not all folders are set as wanted yet.

Zitat

drwxrws---+ 14 Caira users 4096 Dec 9 21:57 Caira storage
    drwxrws---+ 2 Elmie users 4096 Jun 15 23:00 Elmie storage
    drwxrws---+ 4 Jacques users 4096 Dec 7 10:44 Jacques storage
    drwxr-s--- 2 root users 4096 Jun 15 21:55 Linux ISO
    drwxrws---+ 6 root users 4096 Dec 9 21:59 Media folder
    drwxr-s--- 5 root users 4096 Apr 18 2013 PC

I am still unable to get access via any other user's credentials.
    I tried to map the network drive in the following way: Username: \\RASPBERRYPI\Caira and just Caira.
    Windows tell me username invalid.

• Logging in as \\RASPBERRYPI\Media_folder\ has no effect.
    Strangely enough I can access the users folders from an Android device with ES File explorer using their credentials.
    From the word go, I can access with my name, Jacques, but I guess its only because I am administrator with root previleages.
    I've made the users owners of their own folder to no avail, I simply cannot access it with their credentials.

Below is the output of ls -la.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have several issues there. Start by creating a shared folder of the root drive volume, give a name and as for path type /
    then go to shared folder section go to reset permission tab. This tab should be present if you have omvextras installed. Select your new share and and reset permission and clear ACL.
    Now try again to access using samba.

• OK, I've done as you said and it is now working from at least one device! Too late at night now to check them all.
    Thank you sooo much.

For now here is the run-down when adding existing folders.
    Create a "root" share and reset all permissions.
    Add other shares.
    Add users.
    Add privileges for users.
    Add CIFS/SMB shares.

The only thing I seems to miss now, is to figure out the privileges and ACL permissions. I've left ACL as "root:user" but activated only the user privileges. The main thing is that each user get one "private" share only he/she has access to.

regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!