Plex issue...

• @'tekkie' Apologies if i have offended you, thanks for your time.

In response;

total 20
    drwxrwxr-x 5 root users 4096 May 16 2015 .
    drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 May 10 2015 ..

&

ii openmediavault 1.19 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.34 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin

I normally do all updates but the last one (I think) stopped us being able to stream to iOS devices or over the web using Plex. As mentioned, removing the noexec tag seems to have worked, but any other advice of how this should have been sorted would be appreciated. I think you mentioned it being important to upgrade to OMV 2, would that require a completely new install?

Again, thanks for your time and help and apologies if I offended by not picking up your question.

• Hi tekkb. I am experiencing similar problems to some of the other members here. I am running OMV 2.2.5 and have PMS 1.0.12 running. As I lack the knowledge to fix the noexec problem myself I can see that I need PMS 1.0.15 as per your suggestion.

I am certain that PMS 1.0.15 will fix my problem but I cannot see it in the Update Manager. I am sorry if this is a newb question but is there another place where I can download PMS 1.0.15 or would updating OMV to 3.0 help?

• @'tekkie' Hi, no I am not seeing that version but I am also not running OMV Version 2. Is it simple to upgrade? I have seen a couple of threads that suggest it is.

Thanks for you help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron The 2 branch plugin for plex can be put in the repos for Kraliec.

openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15

I would rather not. I barely want to support OMV 2.x let alone 1.x. The 1.x -> 2.x upgrade is easy and should be done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Then the plex repo should not contain the latest plex package. It should have a lower version before the codecs were moved to the system drive. I am pulling up the latest version on kralizec.

Code
    root@kralizecvm:~# apt-cache policy plexmediaserver
    plexmediaserver:
      Installed: 0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-debian
      Candidate: 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian
      Version table:
         1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian 0
            500 http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ plex-wheezy-mirror/main i386 Packages
     *** 0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-debian 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The plex repo is based on the version of Debian not version of OMV. OMV 1.x isn't supported anymore so people shouldn't be using it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Here is my results of apt-cache policy openmediavault-plexmediaserver

I only upgraded from OMV 1.19 to 2.25 the other day if that helps.

Also, I removed that mysql plugin as recommended.

Code
    openmediavault-plexmediaserver:
      Installed: 1.0.12
      Candidate: 1.0.12
      Version table:
     *** 1.0.12 0
            995 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec-plex/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    • Offizieller Beitrag

According to that output, you still have the OMV 1.x repo enabled. Try disabling the plex repo and re-enabling it followed by the apt clean button.

• Offizieller Beitrag

plex 1.0.3 is available on ninthgate. Anyone test it? If it is good, I will put it in the repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.3 in the repo now.

• I've managed to upgrade Plex to 1.15 but unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. I really appreciate the help so far but have you guys got any other ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!