Plex issue...

• Just wanted to watch 1-2 Episode before going to sleep. 1 hour later i deleted my whole plex database now. so mad i dont wanna re-add all "watched" things ... ;(

did this:
    upgrade to latest version

-disable plex on omv-extras.org tab
    -enable plex on omx.extras.org tab
    Nothing changed

apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d

Install Plex on Application Tab

And Config was deleted! Thank you anyway, maybe i'm should buy some unraid OS license now :(

• You know, with plex and emby it is so easy to backup and restore the working directory. Really it is.... Back it up. Do a fresh install. Then once it was working all you would have to do is restore the working directory and create a symlink. So ez...

• Sorry @tekkb just seen your replys. I never upgraded again after downgrading to 9.16.6 because it also breaks my HDHomerun Live tv plugin. The author of the plugin is looking into it but no solution yet. I am just holding back. Always have to tell myself "if it aint broke, dont upgrade" but then my OCD kicks in and tells me to clear the upgrade list. That's a everyday internal battle for me. Also @frozen1900 I cant just bite my tongue on this one but if you type something like "apt-get purge plexmediaserver" dont you think it might PURGE all shit to do with PLEX. Common sense....... I have never touched linux until about Feb 2016 and even if tekkb or aaron tell me what to type I still GOOGLE a little to understand what they told me to type. Also you can go into server settings and tell it to backup the database to a shared folder as long as plex:plex have have write permissions or chmod 777. Or you could use rsnapshot to back up the plexmediaserver folder to a shared folder. I do both in case I fuck up. Also every month I clonezilla the whole os drive just in case..... I suggest everyone do practices like this, especially if you are a noob to linux. People in today's world want to blame everybody else when something dont go their way, not just in free OS's like openmediavault but in everyday occurrences too.

• If I am worried about my database before I do something I simply just copy the plexmediaserver folder to another location. Once I get a reinstall or update working I just stop the service, delete the new plexmediaserver folder and copy back the old one. Then start the service.

And @rebelmaveric19 is only using linux since February. 8|

• If you are concerned about your database for either plex or emby make sure it is backed up. For everyone reading this it is the plexmediaserver, or emby, folder that is on your data drive that you need to backup. You don't have to do anything special either. You can simple use the cp command....

e.g.

cd /
    mkdir scratch
    /media/uuid/plexmediaserver (location of working directory. this is not a command to run.)
    cd /media/uuid/ (the uuid where the plexmediaserver folder is located)
    cp -rp plexmdiaserver /scratch (or whatever location your prefer)

Then you can purge everything and reinstall the plugin. After reinstall stop the service, delete the new plexmediaserver folder and copy your backup back to location where the new one was. Then start the service again. It is that simple with both plex and emby.

• Yea in Feb my WHS2011 box finally took a shit so I went all out with xeon, ecc ram, ipmi motherboard, and dual LSI 9211's.......and linux! Been eyeballing linux for some time and took the plunge. Its alot easier to administer than Windows in my opinion because I can do everything through ssh and my phone. I use a 250gb intel ssd partitioned for only 20gb for the OS and the rest of it is "Appdata" (Plex, MySQL,nginx,Docker, VMDisks) and I rsnapshot that everynight to a share folder named "Backup" that then backups to crashplan cloud and my buddys house through crashplan "phone a friend...my shit fried plugin" so to me thats the easiest to make it automated.

• Had the same issue, got it working again. However, i didn't enabled the service self again. So from services -> Plex media server -> Settings the option "enabled" is not turned on. However the service is running (and working) i restored a backup from my previous install, with success. And the above settings options show the path /var/lib/plexmediaserver (so i restored my files here).

Should this be okay?

• I fixed the issues with the codecs in the plugin for OMV 1.x, OMV 2.x and OMV 3.x. All you have to do once you upgrade to the new version is disable the Plexmediaserver plugin in the Web GUI and then enable it again. Hopefully Aaron will get the upgrades in the repos sometime today.

@ryecoaaron

Changelogs done... Just need to build and get into repos. I tested them already.

Thanks you're such a valuable member here.
    Cheers

• Ok, I am still looking for the 0.9 .deb file.

meanwhile I tried what @tekkb suggested to no avail. transcoding doesn't seem to work. Again, in case I missed something, this is what i did on OMV 1.x:

• apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    • apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    • userdel plex (not neccessary)
    • rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d
    • re-installed from the OMV panel
    • killed all plex related tasks
    • ln -s /media/VOLUME/plexmediaserver /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    • /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start
    • disabled plexmediaserver in OMV panel
    • enabled plexmediaserver in OMV panel

transcoding is not working in chrome

anything missing?

• Look at this post here. Maybe this is problem.

Another question: which cpu do you use in your server?

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Hi,
    I still have an issue with the plex server. Not sure it comes from OMV.
    I tried a fresh plex installation using:

Code
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d
    Install Plex on Application Tab

But I still can't synchronise musics from smartphone

Code
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.303 [0x7f7e4ebfc700] ? - [Transcoder] Unknown encoder 'libmp3lame'
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.303 [0x7f7e61bff700] ERROR - JobManager: child process returned: 1 (Operation not permitted)
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.344 [0x7f7e653ff700] ERROR - Error writing media: 104 - Connection reset by peer
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.361 [0x7f7e54bfe700] ? - [Transcoder] Unknown decoder 'mp3'
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.362 [0x7f7e61bff700] ERROR - JobManager: child process returned: 1 (Operation not permitted)
    Jul 18, 2016 16:39:57.362 [0x7f7e64bfe700] ERROR - Error writing media: 104 - Connection reset by peer

Thanks for your help.

• @Huberer yes this is the issue (I can fix it by mounting the volume without noexec) but I thought you guys fixed this in the omv plex package?

not sure why you think the CPU has anything to do with it, but get jealous:

Code
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep model
    model           : 42
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz

@tekkb

Code
    # dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii  libmpc2:amd64                         0.9-4                               amd64        multiple precision complex floating-point library
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver        1.0.12                              all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  plexmediaserver                       1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian           amd64        Plex Media Server for Linux
    ii  screen                                4.1.0~20120320gitdb59704-7+deb7u1   amd64        terminal multiplexer with VT100/ANSI terminal emulation
    ii  tmux

plexmediaserver is not loccated in /opt (it's in /usr/lib/plexmediaserver)

• @perler' you need to upgrade the plugin to version 1.0.15. I am looking for the plexcodecs folder in the /opt directory. Which you will not have until plugin version 1.0.15.

viald. Can you give me the results of the same commands perler just did above?

• Here it is

Code
    root@NAS:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep model
    model           : 4
    model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
    root@NAS:~#

Code
    root@NAS:~# dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii  libmpc2:amd64                                               0.9-4                          amd64        multiple precision complex floating-point library
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver                              1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  plexmediaserver                                             1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian      amd64        Plex Media Server for Linux
    root@NAS:~#
  • @perler

Your CPU is strong enough for transcoding. That's why I've asked. With my old Asrock N3150-ITX mobo (Intel Celeron N3150) the cpu was definitely too weak for transcoding and therefore the screen on my iphone was black all the time. With my i5, which is weaker than your Xeon, everything runs smooth.
    So I guess the problem is not using the latest Plex Server package

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!