I just bought an HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8 G1610T.
The following Hardware is installed:
- 1x SanDisk X100s, 250GB SSD in the ODD-Slot, connected on Sata-Port 5 (Mainboard) => For the OS
- 1x 4GB MicroSD-Card => GRUB to redirect to the SSD to boot from it
- 2x 4TB Seagate NAS HDD in Slots 1 & 2
- Rest: original equipment
The following Software/OS is installed:
- Open Media Vault 3.0.25 (erasmus)
- Raid: Mirror
- HDDs are formatted in XFS
- different SMB Shares/shared folders on the HDD
The transfer rate in both directions (reading + writing) is very slow (up to 6MB/s).
What I did so far:
- added SMB additional setting: max protocol = SMB3 ==> This gave speeds up to 7MB/s (wow :D)
- upgraded to backportkernel 4.5.0 ==> increased speed up to 8MB/s
- on windows 10 client: set autotuninglevel to disabled ==> didn't change anything
- connected different clients directly (via switch) or via wifi to the server and tried it (no big differences)
I have the exact same problems on a DIY Server (old Esprimo P400 with i3) at my workplace, but here the speeds don't go over 11MB/s with the same changes (except that I installed backportkernel 4.6.0 recently) and the connection is over GBit Switch via CAT5e cable everytime.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance