MySQL on RaspberriPi B+ fail to start

• After some advice on this post

Zitat

I decided to start from scratch, by reflashing my working image.

I did and update on all packages and then installed openmediavault-mysql.
    Just as a quick background:
    My previous attempts only started mysql seemingly at random. My biggest issue, was once I save and apply settings from the web interface, it failed to start. I've checked the my.cnf file and changes did seem to take effect, as the new values were in the file, but it won't start. Sometimes it start from command line and a reboot.

So tonight I've started from a fresh pre-sql backed-up image. And when installing, I noticed the following warnings and errors:
    This is not the complete output, but just the lines around the warning or error. I copied warnings first, then errors.

As you can see the same error repeat. My guess is that it try and start mysql at that stage.
    Then in the web gui I enable MySQL, and save and apply. A pop-up showing "Bad gateway" appear.
    Here is the full output of that.

Zitat

I've left all settings at default.
    I can attach the full output of syslog and the install log if it will help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you update *all* of the packages then the comment on the readme on sourceforge applies:

need to update php5-pam manually to work on RPi1

I would re-write the image to the card and when you update, don't select php5-pam to update.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I never see the php5-pam update in the gui . From another post I prevent updating php5-pam with this command.

Zitat

apt-mark hold php5-pam

I also ran some check, I can't recall the post or the command, that confirmed the package was as is, but the post was a bit dated, so I may be wrong.

If my memory serve me right you said in some post I should do the below to manually update.

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/p/php5-pam/php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    dpkg -i php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, that is it. I would update that comment to not use an RPi1 anymore though :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only have so much time. So, I have to pick and choose what I support. Supporting the super slow RPi1 is not on the top of my list. I don't think it too much to ask to spend $35 on an RPi3. I know I have spent much more than that on just SD cards let alone RPis.

If minidlna stopped, it sounds like your sd card is starting to fail. There is no way to save a failing SD card. If you don't want to buy a new RPi3, at least buy a new SD card.

• LOL!
    I have two RPI 1's lying around. They are still great little machines. I personally would rather buy off the shelve NAS in stead of another RPI. But then I probably won't get OMV working and have 2TB hard drive collecting dust. I live in South Africa, $35 is too much as our exchange rate has effectively made the Raspi 3 times more expensive than when I first bought mine.

The SD I use cost about as much as I initially paid for my RPi, and it's quite new. Anyway, I think the miniDLNA issue was related to mySQL. After removing both and re-installing miniDLNA, it worked. I add mySQL back again, and gone is miniDLNA.

Its for you to decide if you want to check a bug. I am steering clear of mySQL now.

Once again thank you so much for a great system. I really enjoy OMV enough to stick with it. I will try out new things, and revert if I break it. It's after all just a "WinDiskImager" away from fixing!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!