Windows Backup fails and make OMV unreachable every time

• Hello all.

As the subject says.

I have a windows 7 x64 install on my PC, on which I have set up a Windows Backup schedule, and told it to backup to my OMV box. It creates an image of the C drive on my windows PC, as well as some select folders.

It used to work fine for the last year or two, but recently every time it tries to backup, it fails and I can no longer reach OMV. This means no web access to the GUI, no ssh tunnel from Putty, no accessing certain apps on my phone, etc. The only way I can get it back is to reboot the OMV box.

One thing that is kind of good is that this happens 100% of the time - so it's easy to test. I have disabled Windows Backup for the time being until I find a way around this.

Any thoughts appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you look at the logs? What kind of system is OMV installed on? What type of media is OMV installed on?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• NIC problem ?
    Try to install backports kernel from OMV-Extras

English isn't my native language, so, sorry if I make mistakes ^^

OMV 7.0.3-1 | Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 | openmediavault-omvextrasorg 7.0

• Sorry for lack of info.

OMV 2.23 (I know it's a couple of fixes old, but it was happening with previous ones too). It is installed on a AMD kabini system, using a 2.5in HDD as the OS drive. I have separate storage drives in the box of course. It has been working fine for over a year, including backups (until recently).

Installing Backports kernel now to see if it will help - haven't been using it in the past year or so, and been fine. Happy to try.

• Installing Backports worked!

I have no idea WHY it worked though, since it wasn't needed previously on this machine. Should I be concerned about some sort of hardware failure?

THANK YOU for your help by the way!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe an update on another package caused the problem?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!