• Got two issues with MiniDlna:
    1) Some files on my server don't show up, I'm guessing because MiniDlna can't transcode them?
    2) HD files stutter and are unwatchable :( If I stream these direct via windows then they seem to work without issue.

Is there any setting I can change to improve this?

(Running on a HP Proliant N40 mini server)

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - minidlna doesn't transcode at all. It only recognizes certain formats.

2 - The N40L is fastest enough to stream HD via minidlna (I have one). The hard drive(s) and/or may not be.

Tell me a little more about the OMV setup (hard drives, raid, network) and the client(s) setup.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• More importantly is what filetype are you ripping stuff to. Can MiniDLNA handle the filetype? The MiniDLNA database is sensitive too. If you put in one bad file it can mess up the server and you will need to take bad file out of share and recreate database.

• So far it's running 3 x 2Gb in raid 5 with a 64Gb SSD OS drive on a 1GB network, don't think it's a speed issue...

As for file types, it's a wide range (cough!) the HD ones are mostly MKV's. Don't think anything is breaking, but some files just don't get listed maybe it's doesn't recognise the internal formats as I have a bunch of AVI files, some list some don't?

Thanks for further advice/help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!