rsync interval setting issue

• All,

using OMV for several months I'm really happy with this solution running on my Microserver Gen8 with 4x 3TB WD Red and
    1x 30GB Kingston SSD.

Only one minor issue I'm dealing with is setting of the interval in the rsync plugin (whereas the syncing itself is functional
    and everything else is working like expected):

I would like to sync every hour and therefore enable "EVERY N hour" set to "1". All other time settings are set to " * ".
    Now OMV is syncing every single minute as to be verified in the corr. protocol. If I enable "EVERY N minute" set e.g. to "30"
    (again all other settings set to " * "), OMV is syncing every 30min as expected. Therefore I believe I understood the meaning
    of the settings correctly.

Not a bone shaker using OMV but possibly easy to solve for the devs.

Thank you very much in advance,

belierzz :thumbup:

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• Offizieller Beitrag

The scheduling is weird..

If you set the "hours" to 1, and the Minutes to "0"... it will check once every hour at the top of the hour.

If you set the hour to "1" and the Minutes to "5", IIRC, it will check every 5min for an hour (then start over at the next hour if I guess).

By setting the hour to "1" and leaving the minute at *, it is just checking over and over.

• Cron is simple:
    * * * * * command
    first * is minutes
    second * is hour
    third * is day
    fourth * is month
    and fifth is day in week
    So say,if you want to rsync every half and hour then you put:
    */30 * * * * command.

This says do it every 30minutes.

• Thank you, Ness1602,

issue was GUI related (rsync plugin). You need to set the switches to 1h 0min to get it synced
    every 60min on top of full hour as described by K0201. Whereas the 0min setting did the job.
    This was a bit confusing.

cheers

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• How do I set the timing for once every day at a specific time in GUI, for instance 1 o'clock every night?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!