RAID5 arrays broken?

• I bought new hard drives, and since it's been a while, I've reinstalled OMV from the 2.1 ISO and did all upgrades and so on. I created a RAID 5 array with 4 3TB WD Red drives, and waited for it to sync. One of the issues in my previous install is whenever I would reboot the server, the array would be degraded and missing a disk - I was hoping this reinstall with a new array would fix it. Since the previous install was an upgrade from 1.x, I thought some issues might have crept in.

But anyway - I waited for this new array to sync, created an ext4 FS, and rebooted. Lo and behold, the same issue:

I went back to the web UI, and I can recover the array, but this is really annoying. I had a previous thread with the same issue, but can't find it now.

Basically - what do I need to do for my array to withstand a reboot? And to avoid the "SparesMissing event" emails I will get once the rebuild finishes?

mdadm output:

mdadm.conf:

?(

• Hi,

it seems for me that you have created a "degraded" RAID5 with one (permanent) spare-drive, which will be always reassigned on boot (cause it's spare).

You have to remove the "spares=1" from the config and add the /dev/sda drive to the RAID5 as normal RAID-member drive.

Then you'll no more rebuilds on boot.

Sc0rp

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!