Strange behaviour with samba share

• Hello.

One month ago i've mounted an omv nas, with the latest omv2 version.

After an aupdate and made the configuration for the connection to my AD, my nas seems to work well.

Most of my share was shared via "guest only" and "root" and "users" had all the rights on the share.

The problem was that if i use a "robocopy" script it create folder on the share, but nothing can be copied in (cannot acces).

If i use "xcopy" all works well

If i launch "robocopy" script it fail to put file, but not create directory. But if i stop, i open Windows explorer, just click "IN" the share and re-launch "robocopy" : it works ????

If someone can help me i thank it a lot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem was that if i use a "robocopy" script it create folder on the share, but nothing can be copied in (cannot acces).

From what i understand (this is from sonarr forum users and wiki), remote shares in windows cannot be accessed on by system users when they are mapped to letter drives. So the maybe the script is running as system user? could that be the case that you have the script as scheduled as another user.

• No. The script was launch on a win server with admin account. But i've made test direct on the machine with the same account on a command prompt to view why there is a problem.

----------------------------edit----------------------------
    Sorry. To be more precise, i've an "access denied".
    --------------------------------------------------------------

To be more precise i'm going to made some test this afternoon and i come back to put result + smb.conf

Thanks

• After some test this is the results (my nas was "nas-indus):

Xcopy = works (xcopy "D:\PFLEX\Gp\*.*" "\\nas-indus\sav_produflex\%JOUR%" /E /C /Y /D)
    robocopy doesnt work (robocopy "D:\PFLEX\Gp" "\\nas-indus\sav_produflex\%JOUR%" /MIR /V /NP /TEE /Z /R:00 /W:0 /FFT /XF thumbs.* *.tmp /LOG+:%CD%\log\%JOUR%.txt)

One important thing was it works on a buffalo nas.

this is the config (autoconfig from gui omv) of the share

[sav_produflex]
    path = /media/2bdd617a-c961-4359-9210-904938ea3ba0/sav_produflex/
    guest ok = yes
    guest only = yes
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    inherit acls = yes
    inherit permissions = no
    ea support = yes
    store dos attributes = no
    printable = no
    create mask = 0755
    force create mode = 0644
    directory mask = 0755
    force directory mode = 0755
    hide dot files = yes

This is the configuration of a share that work on buffalo nas

[sav_produflex$]
    comment =
    path = /mnt/array1/sav_produflex
    browsable = yes
    printable = no
    writable = yes
    guest ok = yes
    force create mode = 666
    force security mode = 666
    force directory mode = 777
    force directory security mode = 777
    csc policy = disable
    vfs objects = audit
    audit:facility = LOCAL6
    audit:priority = INFO
    ###sav_produflex###

Thanks for your help and your time

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!