Device lists displays /media/<uuid> instead of mergerfs filesystem label

• This is to report a small bug on OMV 3.0. Basically, the label of the mergerfs file system should be showing up as STORAGE (the name I gave it in the unionfs plugin) rather than /media/<uuid>. The proper name shows up on the File Systems page, but not in any of the Device/Volume combo lists.

Not sure if related, but I'm running OMV in Proxmox with passthrough drives.

• It looks like this isn't just cosmetic. Any shares on the mergerfs FS will not mount properly under NFS. The mount folder that is created in /export is empty.

The whole mergerfs thing seems to be broken in 3.0.

Where should I report 3.0 bugs ?

• I added the fsid option, so that's not the problem. I believe that the NFS issue is linked to the mergerfs being mislabelled or misidentified.

When I create an NFS share in the UI from a physical FS, a mount point to the NFS /export is created. The folder in /export has the date of when the mounted folder was originally created and you can browse it normally. This is normal.

When I create an NFS share from the mergerfs share, the moint point that is created in NFS /export is empty and has today's date. That empty folder is properly exported, but it isn't the folder that I wanted to export.

I'm pretty sure the NFS plugin isn't being sent the proper path of the mergerfs folder, and that might be linked to the mergerfs being messed.

I will file a bug on github, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tested this today and i had no issues using NFS, first without fsid the client reports permission denied from server to mount, then added fsid=20 mount is fine. I can see all the contents of the folder from the client.
    The /exports folder for NFS are just mount-binds to the shares. The nfs omv backend creates fstab entries for every exported share then mounts each one. So after you add a share check first the fstab bind entry is there and also that is properly mounted.

• Hi,

I am having the same issue:

While creating a pool (repeated several times), for some unknown reason, a given name (like "POOL") was replaced by "/media/2fe90cb3-a2c4-45d1-83cd-a6ce90421e87" kind. The pool itself is working, but that name makes it confusing when creating shared folders. It would be nice to fix that or to have a workaround.

All software are latest upgrade.

Cheers!

• Are you in a VM with passthrough drives ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!