Plex does not download posters for TV shows

• I am using OMV 3.0.31 (Erasmus) and PLEX 1.0.3.2461 installed via OMV extras.
    Everything is working fine, except that PLEX does not download Posters for the TV shows.

Is there an option to repair/reinstall PLEX via webif?

• No naming issue. I was using PLEX on windows before and it worked with the same naming.
    But I'll try the PLEX forum.

Is there an option to repair/reinstall PLEX via webif?

• @mnui

Interesting. I'm facing the same Problem since yesterday evening. I've installed OMV (v2.1.1 with kernel 3.16) brand new on my System. Therefore I*ve also installed PMS via plugin-manager (extra repo). First I thought I did something wrong within the "agent Settings" and therefore I've deleted the series-library (not the folder with all the series inside) within PMS and made a new one. Before I made some changes of the Agent but it didn't work.
    So I guess there's something with the PMS-package or a bug or I don't know. Maybe thetvdb changed something so PMS is not working proberly.

@tekkb
    In my case it's for sure not a problem of the naming. The seasons I named exactly like they are on thetvdb.com. And trust me, I guess that I've installed PMS this year at least 20 times and didn't have any issues so far.

The interesting is, that I've installed OMV v3.0.31 some days ago (with kernel 4.6.0) and also installed PMS via plugin-manager. I made new libraries (like I do them always the same way). There I didn't have any problems with the series.

But PMS says that there's an update available (for me as plex pass member). Maybe this fix the issue and we just have to wait till we get the new package via ninthgate.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

There might be an update for plex pass members but the Ubuntu download version from the plex web site is still 1.0.3.2461 (same as in omv-extras mirror).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, sorry. I just clicked on the shown update link and could download PMS v1.1.0.2611. So there's a newer version, but it doesn't help me because I can't install it on OMV2. For converting this package into a wheezy package I don't have the know-how ?(

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I understand that there is a newer version for plex pass members but we don't put the plexpass version in the mirror. Converting the package isn't easy.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• what about ninthgate.se. The packages that they offer there, are these plex pass or the "normal" free version of PMS?
    Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

He has both packages in that repo and the omv-extras plex repo is a manually updated mirror of ninthgate. How would he have a newer version of free plex than the one on plex's home page?

• I think this is a plex issue, here is the agent log

• So I made a test. I've removed PMS installed via omv-extra repo and installed PMS again via ninthgate repo. The result is was just the same. No posters. So Igues the problem has something to do with PMS and thetvdb. Unfortunately I can't install the latest version to test if it solves the problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I made a test. I've removed PMS installed via omv-extra repo and installed PMS again via ninthgate repo. The result is was just the same.

That is because they are the exact same file.

• I know but just to be sure that this issue has nothing to do with the repo installer. So it looks like the issue is somewhere between PMS and thetvdb.

• So, just for information. On ninthgate.se there's a new PMS-package available (v.1.1.0.2611) and with this package posters under series are working again. :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a plex pass package. So, still no fix for non-plexpass users.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!