Fresh Install 2.x and 3.x Sabnzbd won't install

• So I am attempting to do a fresh install of OMV in a VM, I first installed omv 2 fresh then did the os updates to 2.2.8. Installed latest omv-extras, and attempted to install Sabnzbd 1.0.9. It errored and will not install. Tried installing 1.0.5 from the stable repo, failed as well. Reinstalled dozen times, not installing os updates first, installing 1.0.5 first only, all same result. So I installed latest 3.x omv, then installed extras, and now it is failing to install as well.... Is there something I am missing here? I have Omv 2.2.7 currently running on my baremetal server at home, with no issues, it has upgraded anytime its available with no issues. Why is this fresh install broken? Any suggestions?

• I have the same problem. When I install it manually there are errors

Code
    Error #3003:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/sabnzbd)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sabnzbd.inc:87Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSabnzbd->getSettings(NULL, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Sabnzbd', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)#4 {main}

That's what I the message box stands. After I installed it via webgui.

• don't you need to install omv-extras to get the this plugins?

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Got to leave for work but should be able to resolve this later today.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Both OMV2 and OMV3 versions have been updated, the version for OMV3 shows up in the plugin manager but the version for OMV2 does not.

You could download the package and install manually
    https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-miller-testing/openmediavault-sabnzbd#files/

• Still having problems installing this plugin.

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-sabnzbd 2>&1': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

The following NEW packages will be installed:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 72 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B/17.7 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 62.5 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    Authentication warning overridden.
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-sabnzbd.
    (Reading database ...
    33773 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking openmediavault-sabnzbd (from .../openmediavault-sabnzbd_1.0.9_all.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Setting up openmediavault-sabnzbd (1.0.9) ...
    Adding sabnzbd user...
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    <<< *************************************

• Both OMV2 and OMV3 versions have been updated, the version for OMV3 shows up in the plugin manager but the version for OMV2 does not.

I just took a look: Sabnzbd does not show up in the plugin manager on my OMV 3 machine. omv-extras is installed and the omv-extras.org and sync repos are enabled... What am I missing here?

• I just took a look: Sabnzbd does not show up in the plugin manager on my OMV 3 machine. omv-extras is installed and the omv-extras.org and sync repos are enabled... What am I missing here?

It is in the erasmus-testing repo, you need to enable that one.

Still having problems installing this plugin.

You need to install 1.0.10 not 1.0.9

• I am not sure about versions of the apps but checkout AtoMic-ToolKit script.

it works very well to install all of this apps(SubNzb,coach potato, sick rage, subsonic) manually if needed.

• I used to have a similar script that did these installs but IMHO it is way, way better to have plugins then to use installer scripts especially for the newer users.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.10 is in the download managers testing repo.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used to have a similar script that did these installs but IMHO it is way, way better to have plugins then to use installer scripts especially for the newer users.

I am absolutely with you on that one, however some times the development or updates to plugins are running way behind user needs, or support for a particular app is dropped for what ever reason, that is where the script comes in.
    also AtoMic is not just a simple script(if you are not familiar with it). it is kind of like an app that provides a pseudo, select and run, GUI for a novice .

on the site they give you an instructions step by step on how to set it up on your machine. 4 cut and paste commands you run to get the git-hub repo on the machine.
    than you run the same script "setup.sh" to first configure the environment (basically create a personalized config file for your machine/user ) and to actually run the UI. the command is the same the way it runs differs form first run when it actually get the info and build the config and all th enext runs when it simply show the UI. and UI works with or without the GUI libs as it is a CLI style UI, just a small white-on-blue-on-white screen similar to old DOS or blue install screens. simple ascii style graphics
    and there is the simple choices for you for each app you want.
    first select the app and press enter
    than choose option to perform with this app (select and press enter):
    install
    remove
    backup the config (yes apparently you can backup the app config and use it on the next install/reinstall)

very nice and simple for anyone to use.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are scripts to do most things OMV does. If you are going to use scripts, why use OMV? They conflict with a lot of plugins and just make supporting OMV even tougher.

some times the development or updates to plugins are running way behind user needs

Examples? While development on OMV 3.x stuff has been slow, most people don't need OMV 3.x.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• There are scripts to do most things OMV does. If you are going to use scripts, why use OMV? They conflict with a lot of plugins and just make supporting OMV even tougher.

Examples? While development on OMV 3.x stuff has been slow, most people don't need OMV 3.x.

hey, ryecoaaron it was not a complaint or critic. just a fact of life.
    there is plenty of times when development of additional modules is put on hold or even stopped. especially when moving to newer version of the OS.
    while not everyone needs a newer version right a way, some may want to run the latest code, especially if it is considered to be stable, case in point OMV 3.0
    I very much prefer to run a stable main kernel that supports things I need/want over running a back-port kernel.
    I might be wrong in mine assessment but a stable mainstream kernel seams safer for me over a back-ported one.

as such I would love to be able to use the OMV 3.0 over 2.x, and I do. but my needs are minuscule when it comes for plugins.
    all I really need is SnapRaid, unionfilesystem, and virtualBox plugins. everything else is just gravy for me.
    I know that it is possible to run Snapraid without plugin, but for me it is a pain to configure and maintain it via CLI.
    same is for mergerFs and virtualbox. I tried on my test setup and it is a pain. OMV and plugins make the task easy.
    I can find other means of managing NFS and SAMBA if those where to drop from OMV. I can install WebMin or other management tools if I have to, but Snapraid and MergerFs is not as well supported in any other UI I have tested. you guys do very good job on many if not all (I can only testify for things I use ) plugins you support. but if tomorrow you have no more time or wants to provide support any plugin, than what?

if users are lucky some one else will pickup dev. and support but if not the end user is eather stuck running the old version of the system, or find a way to substitute the plugin.

example is all over this forum.

look on how many posts is here saying I want to use OMV 3.0.x but this or that plugin is ether not there anymore or not ported yet. OR I want to use this new plugin I see in version 3.0.x but it is not on my current version 2.x.x, however version 3.0 does not have my currently used things yet or even worst, some of the thing I use today on v2.0 will not be ported to v3.0.

things happen.
    life going on.

BTW> if I do not say it often enough, OMV ROCKS! ( warts and all :) )

• Offizieller Beitrag

I might be wrong in mine assessment but a stable mainstream kernel seams safer for me over a back-ported one.

I use the backport kernel on all of my systems and have never had an issue even on production systems with 200 users.

but if tomorrow you have no more time or wants to provide support any plugin, than what?

That could happen to anything - snapraid, mergerfs, OMV, plugins, etc.

look on how many posts is here saying I want to use OMV 3.0.x but this or that plugin is ether not there anymore or not ported yet.

Most of those are getting old. I think the LUKS plugin is the only plugin left that needs to be ported and not on the abandoned list. I made the decision to stop supporting the plugins in my list because they are rarely used or can easily be installed other ways (php apps on nginx plugin for instance). Your plugin list is all stable in my opinion. No reason not to use OMV 3.x in your case.

while not everyone needs a newer version right a way, some may want to run the latest code

This one drives me nuts. Lots of people always want bleeding edge even though they have no reason to use it and then complain when it causes issues.

In the end, people will keep complaining/commenting about this and that not being done or ready but never help (anyone can write documentation on how to use a plugin). Not sure how to fix these "problems" when there are so few of us working on things...

• OK, ryecoaaron, I see what you are saying

BUT

I use the backport kernel on all of my systems and have never had an issue even on production systems with 200 users.

You are not like most users here . you are one of the developers and maintainers of lots of code included in the system.

you know the system well, and can troubleshoot and fix things that go bad. also you will be able to recognize the source of the issue faster if needs be. so you running the back-port kernel does not count as viable case. Sorry :)

That could happen to anything - snapraid, mergerfs, OMV, plugins, etc.

again you are absolutely right, that could happen to anything, but if so what do the users are left to do when it does?
    for many of us a nice easy to use scripts are the best option if we can find it.
    and if we can test and verify that the script in question does not break our main system in the process.
    the other options is to either do without or move to new OS setup. granted some users are advanced enough to go full CLI route if necessary, but most of us are flocking to OMV because of it easy to use UI and abundance of plugins to assist in management and setup of things we want to do with the system. if we loose that assistance the appeal of the OS over all is lost as well.
    AGAIN, NOT A complaint OR critique. just a fact of life.

This one drives me nuts. Lots of people always want bleeding edge even though they have no reason to use it and then complain when it causes issues.

In the end, people will keep complaining/commenting about this and that not being done or ready but never help (anyone can write documentation on how to use a plugin). Not sure how to fix these "problems" when there are so few of us working on things...

I keep agreeing with you most of the time. even here you are mostly right.
    however some times people might have a legitimate reason to want to run "bleeding edge code".
    No, when some one have no reason to do so, than his/hers complains are pointless and not wanted.
    if you can run a tested and stable code , you should do so.
    but some times the end goal is to have a specific setup and being able to do something that by shear luck is not available on the stable and tested code.
    case in point, I needed a BTRFS support for my setup, just because I already have several BTRFS based raid pools that were left over when my last server setup went up in smoke along with my OS drive.
    I did not have an extra server where I can load up an OS and move the data somewhere else, nor did I have any extra disks to use to transfer the data. I know, I know, backup is a must and all but at that very moment I did not have any other options that I liked. OMV was a great option for my server but a stable version 2.2.25 did not support BTRFS.
    and yes a back-port kernel was there, and worked great. my first reaction was to do all system on 2.2.25 + back port.
    in fact it was your help and suggestions that stir me there. and it worked for several month. it also gave me time and means to
    reconfigure my pools, move data around into more manageable configuration etc...
    but when 3.0 got to be considered stable I wanted to use the main kernel, not back-port (reason described in my last post here).
    and unlike those people who just jump in before learning to swim, I did lots of testing, lots of research to make sure that all I want to do and all modules I want to use are there before actually upgrading to 3.0.
    I always like others opinions and suggestions, but you say it your self that OMV 3.0 IS STABLE, it might be missing some plugins that haven't been ported yet, or will not be ported at all, but the main OS is stable and ready for general use.
    so if the Main OMV 3.0 code is stable and ready, and it has everything I need/want to use why shouldn't I use it?
    now it would be stupid of me to load up the production server with OMV 3.0 without first checking if all the options and modules I need/want is there, and than complain about it.
    but if I make an educated decision I would not complain.

Now if I did my research and testing, load up the server with 3.0 and than all of a sudden something go missing from it, with no warning or explanation, than is it my fault? and don't I have the right to complain or at least grumble a bit about it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!