Current Stable Version to Install

• I am a NewB. I'm about to attempt my third install, having failed twice now to get a usable install that lets me do updates and plugins without errors. I have seen that the Update Manager provides an OMV update of 2.2.10. But from the OpenMediaVault.org site, the only thing available is the 2.1 Stone Burner.

Is there a place to do a fresh install of 2.2.10, or is that a bad idea?
    If I get the initial install completed, what's the very next step? Do I install omv-extras first? Or install the 2.2.10 update first? Or install the 2.2.10 first and then the omv-extras?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your problem wasn't the version of OMV on the install ISO. I think you know the changes to make and the 2.1 ISO will work fine. Otherwise, install the OMV 3.0.36 version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your problem wasn't the version of OMV on the install ISO. I think you know the changes to make and the 2.1 ISO will work fine. Otherwise, install the OMV 3.0.36 version.

Thanks for your confidence in me, but after all the trial and error I went through, I'm not sure I DO know what changes to make. Other than the basics to get a clean install with internet service.

After the install, here's what I plan to do:
    1. install omv-extras, then
    2. the flashmemory plugin.
    3. get the current updates
    4. install the omv 2.2.10 update
    5. install the entire remaining updates

Do you think that will work?

• GHEEZ, what is the deal??? I successfully installed OMV Stone Burner. I downloaded omv-extras. Tried to install from the WebGUI, but got a communication error. So I went to omv-extras.org guide, and invoked the installation from root. Got through the first step, and invoked the second step which was the dpkg -1 openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb. It went into its unpacking and then returned this statement:
    "dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg: openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on openmediavault (>= 2.1.11); however: Version of openmediavault on system is 2.1.
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on apt-transport-https; however: Package apt-transport-https is not installed.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg"

This is incredibly frustrating X(X(X(

• You should try to install openmediavault V3 from ISO
    Log on root and then

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-initsystem
    wget http://omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    apt-get -f install
    apt-get update

omv 2.x omv 3.x (testing) - AMD CPU - RAM ECC 8x4TB RAID6 + 4x3TB RAID5 - SSD 4GB for system

• So, I finally got omv-extras to load. Tried installing omv 2.2.10 from WebGUI. Error in log suggested the apt-get -f install, so I ran it from root. 2.2.10 seems to be installing, with only an error so far on Postmix mail system (I don't care about that). And it appears that openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.13.4 is installing.

I will hold fpabernard's suggestion in abeyance for the moment. If I have any further unexplainable errors, I will go to the version 3 suggestion, which was also suggested by ryecoaaron. My only concern there is that Version 3 is stated as not being stable.

• In other threads about OMV v3, you'll see that the core of openmediavault is stable, but some plugins are still missing. So check which plugins are available in V3, if all you need is there, go !

Consider install OMV3 in a VM to check.

I experimented that upgrading from V2 to V3, which includes an upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie, does not work yet for my installation (did not have time to investigate).

So I think it's better today to start with V3 (with Jessie) than with V2 (with an old Wheezy) and the obligation of a future upgrade.

omv 2.x omv 3.x (testing) - AMD CPU - RAM ECC 8x4TB RAID6 + 4x3TB RAID5 - SSD 4GB for system

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fpabernard ()

• OK. I have successfully upgraded omv to 2.2.10. omv-extras.org is showing in the GUI. The OMV-Extras.org menu item is showing. And the green is lit for OMV-Extras.org. What am I supposed to do now?
    I can't seem to see all the plug-ins and want to get to the flashmemory plugin.

Also, I have tried to Save a change to the session timeout, and got this error:
    "Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'File contains invalid JSON (filename=/var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json): ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:279Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(371): OMVJsonFile->read()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(55): OMVModuleMgr->setModuleDirty('monit')
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/module.inc(45): OMVModuleAbstract->setDirtyByName('monit')
    #3 [internal function]: OMVModuleAbstract->setDirty(8, 'org.openmediava...', Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/notify.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/webgui.inc(118): OMVNotifyDispatcher->notify(8, 'org.openmediava...', Array)
    #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceWebGui->setSettings(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('WebGui', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #10 {main}"

Tried to Save Download Managers in OMV-extras.org and got the same error.

What's going on?

• OK. The plugins for OMV-extras.org finally show up in the Plugins section.

Have successfully installed openmediavault-flashmemory 1.9.2. - I think - there were sseven couple of unidentified Errors in the middle, but I didn't see any failures. The full install log is attached.Flashmemory install log 16-1015.txt

Oh yeah, I just saw Wolf2000's suggestion. I had run clean from the WebGUI.

• I just noticed that Flash Memory is setting in my Storage menu. When I click on it, the notes told me to change Fstab manually. I followed all of those directions. Now when I look at the GUI the 'enable' slide switch is missing. Does this mean that Flash Memory is enabled now?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!