Update from 2.x (lastest) to 3.0.50 failed

• Hello,

Maybe some one can help me?, i was using omv 2.x since quite some time ago (updated w/o problems using apt-get) , when i want to upgrade urbackup from 1.4.14 to 2.0.30 i find some missing dependencies (more newer libc6 version needed), so i tried to upgrade omv to 3.0.50 to give it a go.

All the process was made via ssh, no web interface.

omv-update ... OK

omv-release-upgrade ... some error about "/etc/apt/apt.conf" , as i read in another post, exec. (touch /etc/apt/apt.conf)

omv-update ..... again, this time downloaded and installed quite a lot of packages, the process tooks over 30min for sure (25Mbps conex, quadcore , 8Gb ram) .. error

apt-get -f install (output):

Code
    In the 2nd post, 10000 line limit reached

dpkg -l | grep openm

omv-engined -d -f

I can access the box over ssh without problems, web administration interface gives an error when i try to logon:

Please, help, i don't want to start over from scratch , configuring all again from scratch (mhddfs, transmission, urbackup, owncloud, apache2, etc, etc,etc) :(

Thanks in advance
    Alvaro

• apt-get -f install output : (1st part)

• ... continue from previous post

• Seems to be a quite common problem.

I ended up solving this with removing and reinstalling OMV:

apt-get purge openmediavault
    REBOOT
    apt-get install openmediavault

This fixed all the problems while keeping the previous configs.

• Thanks for the tip Smartie, I tried to UNINSTALL openmediavault, but not to PURGE it.

The purge did the trick, of "install" openmediavault without errors, but, when i logon to the web interface a couple of errors appears:

and... and this one repeats many times as you browse around the web interface:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'No filesystem backend exists for type 'mhddfs'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc:89
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(147): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager->assertBackendExistsByType('mhddfs')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->enumerateSharedFolders(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateShared...', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'enumerateShared...', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

apt-get removed 2 packages i needed , (apt-get autoremove) , so i installed them manually, "mhddfs" , and "sshfs".

The system appears to work OK, but, as for the errors above i can't access, or configure samba shares, neither , union filesystem on the disks (mhddfs).

Thanks
    Alvaro

• Offizieller Beitrag

mhddfs needs to be switched to mergerfs.

Are you using the remoteshare plugin? It isn't supported on OMV 3.x and has been replaced with remotemount.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• mhddfs needs to be switched to mergerfs.

Are you using the remoteshare plugin? It isn't supported on OMV 3.x and has been replaced with remotemount.

So mhddfs -> mergerfs? will research about that, (4 disk using mhdd right now)

No, no remoteshare plugin installed.

Using plugins:

• openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.7
    • openmediavault-symlinks 3.1.2
    • openmediavault-unionfilesystems 3.1.7
    • openmediavault-mysql 3.0.4
    • openmediavault-route 3.1.1
    • openmediavault-openvpn 3.0.3
    • openmediavault-locate 3.3
    • openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.4
    • openmediavault-resetperms 3.2
    • openmediavault-wol 3.1

And from omv-extras.org
    Omv-extras.org Stable and debian jessie-backports enabled, only

PS: I don't see remotemount plugin in the list , (for install)

• Offizieller Beitrag

So mhddfs -> mergerfs? will research about that,

mergerfs is much better/stable/faster/maintained/etc than mhddfs.

You shouldn't need sshfs for anything OMV related if you don't have the remoteshare plugin installed.

Your plugin list looks fine. remotemount is in the omv-extras testing repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• mergerfs is much better/stable/faster/maintained/etc than mhddfs.

You shouldn't need sshfs for anything OMV related if you don't have the remoteshare plugin installed.

Your plugin list looks fine. remotemount is in the omv-extras testing repo.

Ok , Thanks!
    i use sshfs with FreeFileSync, to sync once in a while, some websites between my notebook , and OMV.... only for that, nothing fancy :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!