after update base-system - nginx-problem

• Hello,

yesterday I tried to upgrade my omv-server (there is also a mysql-server, nextcloud-server and a fhem-server running) by using "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, but it ends with messages like this:

Has anybody an idea, what I can do to fix it?
    (It seems that all services like nfs, samba, mysql are running, but no gui)

Greets,

Christoph

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz), 12GB Ram, 512GB Bootdisk (SSD M.2), 3* 4TB WD Red (Raid5) | omv 6.0.33-1 (Shaitan)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your OMV server really named freenas??

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hej,

@ryecoaaron
    yes, its called freenas - it has historic reasons. At first I tried out freenas because of it's zfs-support, but at least I prefered OMV because of many reasons (e.g. linux-based, more modules and many more). The domain-name was at the time of the switch to OMV already used on many machines here, and so it's still called freenas ;)

@votdev

It seems that there is nothing using port80?

And, before the update all was ok. Why it says, all thees packages are not configured yet?

Greetz

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz), 12GB Ram, 512GB Bootdisk (SSD M.2), 3* 4TB WD Red (Raid5) | omv 6.0.33-1 (Shaitan)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von caldir65 ()

• No, there is nothing like nginx running.

• Hello,

there is fhem running which is using it's own webservice, but it's using ports 8083 up to 8085 by default, and in my config just using https instead of http.
    And there was no trouble before in coexisting this two webservers

I send the logs, which files was changed on nov 6th, and the corespondig terminal-log... I hope, it'll be helpfull
    Greetz

• Hi also yesterday I got a mail from my system:

Zitat von freenas-root

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

cold be a relation between this unsaved config and my problem above?
    Is there a cli-command to save or to reject theese changes?

I remember that I changed an option for the mysql-server because of a hint in the digikam-handbook and big collections of pictures ...

Greetz

• Hi,

ok, the config is the old one ... but the nginx-problem still exists ... but now with this message:

Greetz

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von caldir65 ()

• Ok, at least my nginx is back in service ;)

How did I bring him back:

- I edided the file /etc/nginx/conf.d/openmediavault-nginx.conf

- and I changed the line "server_names_hash_bucket_size 32;" to "#server_names_hash_bucket_size 32;"

- now I started nginx with "service nginx start"
    - then I startet the omv-webgui

Hope it'll helps someone ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!