View all system logs in a single file

• Good afternoon from Spain
    Since a few days ago my system is having random errors that do not know where they come from. Suddenly the system falls and rises again in a few minutes, I'm very surprised that it can be and I'm a little lost ...

What I want is to know what log was recorded what has been the problem? And if there is any way to view all the system logs together in a single file so i do not have to look at each of the separate thing separately.

thank you very much

*Sorry for my english

• Offizieller Beitrag

What I want is to know what log was recorded what has been the problem?

Look in syslog or messages in the system logs tab.

And if there is any way to view all the system logs together in a single file so i do not have to look at each of the separate thing separately.

This would make it harder to find the problem. grep -ir "SEARCH_TERM" /var/log/* would search them all but you wouldn't know what term to look for. The two logs I listed above should have what went wrong if the system was able to log something before crashes. What type of system?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This would make it harder to find the problem. grep -ir "SEARCH_TERM" /var/log/* would search them all but you wouldn't know what term to look for. The two logs I listed above should have what went wrong if the system was able to log something before crashes. What type of system?

I do not know exactly what happens, I've been a few months that the system warns me of a SMART failure of the mechanical hard drive that I have but then I see that everything is correct, what happens is that it hangs up and seems to be rebooted and then back again To run, now it has been 3 hours now and nothing has failed, I have removed the motherboard and cleaned it and see what happens ...

The system is this:

How do you see the hard drives??

http://pastebin.com/4e7f8Hg2

and the ssd:

http://pastebin.com/MJinhVH2

• Offizieller Beitrag

That smart data only would indicate if a drive was failing. This could be a hardware issue too. What motherboard is this system using?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you really running virtualbox on a J1900? What is the normal load of this system? I don't see anything in the logs saying why it rebooted.

• That smart data only would indicate if a drive was failing. This could be a hardware issue too. What motherboard is this system using?

this: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900DC-ITX/

I've had another system crash and this is what the log contains.

Can someone help me to know what is happening ?, thank you very much

syslog: http://pastebin.com/Sffxggd1

Seeing the logs I think I have a problem with the motherboard or with the memory, right?

this isnt normal!

this isnt normal!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could try running memtest on it to see if the memory is bad.

• Offizieller Beitrag

this isnt normal!

It looks very similar to my J1900 system. So, i would say it is fine. You didn't answer my questions about virtualbox and normal load?

• It looks very similar to my J1900 system. So, i would say it is fine. You didn't answer my questions about virtualbox and normal load?

Almost no use virtualbox, only torrent use, smb ftp and plex, in this case the transcoding can take the processor to 90-100%, but has worked well so far (has 1 and a half year)

but normaly the processor is in 5% - 30% load.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would install OMV 3.x with the backports kernel.

• After looking deep into the system, the problem was of the power supply of the laptop that had, surely the current it offered was unstable and was the one that produced the server crashes. I changed it and now everything is ok

As my professor of technology said when I was little, the problems of a computer we must solve them from less to more (starting to look if it is plugged): -DDD

Many thanks to all for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!