[HowTo] Add a graph for "TotalDiskUsage"

• Only for OMV 0.4!
    In 0.5 install the openmediavault-support plugin!

This script makes it easy to show a graph of the total Diskusage and for the root-filesystem in OMV.
    The graph shows the "used" and "free" space of _all_ mounted filesystems in OMV totalled. So you don't have to calculate all by yourself ;)

I have 3 2TB-drives and it looks like this: (reminder to me: I need a new drive :roll: ) -> done ;)

BTW: I changed the '/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph' under DEFAULTS: to "--width 800" to make the graphs a little wider. So they fit better in my 22" screen ;) but it takes a little longer to create them.

How to install:
    1. Download the latest version from git

Code
    wget https://github.com/walterheisenberg/omvdf-alltogether/archive/master.zip

2. a) Unpack it

Code
    unzip master.zip

2. b) Edit /etc/collectd/collectd.conf
    and add MountPoint "/" in the <Plugin df> section, so that it looks something like this:

then restart the collect.d-daemon with

Code
    /etc/init.d/collectd restart

3. install it

Code
    cd omvdf-alltogether-master
    ./install-remove.sh

The script will lead you through the installation/removing process

4. All should work now
    Login to OMV-WebGUI and enjoy your new graphs ;)

Please test the script and report any bugs or features ;)
    But: make always copies of your files ;)

I denitely have too much time to code this scripts ;)

@ Volker:
    Feel free to add this script or code to OMV if you want.

omvsensors on github: https://github.com/walterheisenberg/omvdf-alltogether
    Guide-Version: 0.2

• Solo0815,

Great addition to OMV and should be added to default install as many users have more then 1 hard drive.

Thanks Solo0815

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I blurred it out, because i want no one to laugh at me :lol:

You want it? You get it:
    My disk are labeled with Alma, Berta and Highdy. The fourth disk is a partition on my systemdisk for my dropbox-folder.
    The first HDD i had was "Alma". I searched for a name with "A". The diskspace ran out, so i needed a new one -> "Berta". For HighDefinition-content i bought "Highdy" 8-)
    That reminds me on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7MjOd0o0Y
    Older German folks know it, maybe ;)

The next HDD will be "Serena" or "Serina" for my TV-Series ...
    More names: Clara, Dora, Elsa, Frieda ... We'll see ...

• Great little addition.

I also like the tip about changing the graph sizes.

Thanks

Dave

• Hi,

i tried to install this script to my OMV 0.5.33. But after starting install script i cannot login to web UI. I can insert login (name/password) but after that it wrote:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to open file js/omv/NavigationPanel.js.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:42
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(49): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/Navigati...', Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(70): OMVHtmlPage->scanFiles('js/omv/module/a...', Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(187): OMVHtmlPage->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(113): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(37): OMVHtmlPage->render()
    #5 {main}

What can i do to repair my OMV?
    Thank you for any help

• Please execute the script aga in and remove it! This is for 0.4
    In 0.5 install the openmediavault-supportinfo plugin and you are fine

• When i execute script with uninstall I get this:

Code
    Removing files ...

/usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd.d/df-alltogether not found!
    /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/SystemInfo.js.backup not found!
    script is not installed!
    Removing completed!
    Have fun!

But webUI is still not working with same error as above.

I have backup from backup script - can i copy some folders back? Or what else can I do?

• Script helped :)

But have another problem. When i install OMV-extras.org and click at PLUGINS - after a while of loading:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-transmissionbt 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-transmissionbt : Depends: transmission-daemon (>= 2.42) but 2.03-2 is to be installed Depends: transmission-cli (>= 2.42) but 2.03-2 is to be installed E: Broken packages

Details:

Transmission plugin has not been installed before.

• Nothing... :(

apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-transmissionbt

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package openmediavault-transmissionbt is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Code
    ii  openmediavault                        0.5.33                       Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-anacron                0.5.3                        anacron plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  openmediavault-aufs                   0.5.4                        aufs plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  openmediavault-backup                 0.5.1                        backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                0.2                          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-minidlna               0.5.9                        OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-nut                    0.5.9                        OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg           0.5.38                       OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-route                  0.5.3                        OpenMediaVault IP routing table plugin
    rc  openmediavault-snapraid               0.5.20                       snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
  • apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
      initramfs-tools
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Still same error

• I have checked only OMV-Extras.org repository at primary page. At secondary I have nothing checked.

I tried to uncheck OMV-Extras.org repository and plugins page is loaded correctly but without OMV-Extras plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!