spindown

• Well 10 minutes its just for trial. In fact I eould like to have there 60 mintues when there is no access. Sometimes thereis no access all the weekend. Its home NAs, so I access it mostly from 16.00-22.00, and all other times it could/should sleep/spin off. It is important to me.

• In my NAS the "spindown time" option only seems to work, if the other two "management" option are set to "disabled" (or whatever the standard option is called - I dont remember). You should also pay attention to your SMART settings. Depending on the options for the download of the SMART data from the drive, the drive will be woken with the set interval or the download never happens because the drive sleeps (this is likely to happen when the spindown time is significantly shorter than the SMART interval).

• It doesnt work or I do not understand fully.

I got another related question: is it possible to *standby" all the comp after some time of inactivity? It would be even better for me. It would/should be woken up by ethernet connection - accessing remotely samba or apache. It will take some time to wake up, I know, but these 15s is really insignificant in homelan environment. Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!