Modify OMV iso to enable manual disk partitioning

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is easier to just use partedmagic or systemrescuecd to change the partition size (and add an additional partition) after installing OMV.

But if you really want to modify the iso, what system and OS are you modifying the iso on?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron

Can you link to the partmagic or systemrescuecd guide on how to do it.
    As for the OS, iv used ubuntu livecd, osx and even used omv, but all failed. If you can also give me some insight on how to do this correctly, id be gratefull. I realy like the method i mentioned above.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want to repartition, download partedmagic. You will want to shrink the first partition, move the second partition to the beginning of the free space, resize it use all free space, and make a new partition.

The wiki article is based on the omv 0.3 iso image. Probably doesn't work for 0.4 image due to changes. It is probably easier (than editing the image) to install Debian Squeeze with the partitions you want and then install OMV on top of that.

Code
    1 - install Debian squeeze
    2 - echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    3 - apt-get update
    4 - apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    5 - apt-get update
    6 - apt-get install openmediavault

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ryecoaaron

Im really new to Debian installers, and looking at their site, i dont know which one to use since i see LOTS lol. I only like to use their minimal ISO (like server edition on ubuntu) or whatever that is called. Can you point me to the right direction please.

Huge THANKS!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you have a 64 bit system... Download cd-1 from here. Install a minimal system and then start at step 2.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!