Issue with _netdev mount after reboot

• Hi there,

my omv 2 is running great since over a year but i have one problem:
    my network share (from my router) is gone after every reboot..

mount /media/routershare brings it back (so the fstabs seems to be ok), however on reboot it doesnt work. I guess it has something to do with network availability, however _netdev doesnt work and boot.log is not showing anything problematic. This is my fstab entry:

//source/ /media/routershare cifs username=xx,password=yy,_netdev 0 0

did I do something wrong? I tried to use the remoteshare, but this only allows me to mount a share on the data drive, however i want to mount it on system! It would be great to get pinpointing on how to find and fix the bug!

Thank you,
    Linkin

• Offizieller Beitrag

did I do something wrong?

Do you still have remoteshare installed? The netdev script it installs and uses would probably help.

however i want to mount it on system!

Why? I guess I could make the sharename optional on the remotemount plugin on OMV 3.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did not leave it installed but I will try tomorrow. Thank you! Do I have to do something or just install it?

About data and system: why should I mount it on data when I want to backup stuff from my system drive while data drive is usually asleep (during the night). It would just wake up the date drives, right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I have to do something or just install it?

Just install it. That will put the ifup netdev script in place.

why should I mount it on data when I want to backup stuff from my system drive while data drive is usually asleep (during the night). It would just wake up the date drives, right?

With the remoteshare plugin on OMV 2.x, it bind mounts to a shared folder. Not sure if that would wake up the drive or not because it isn't actually writing to the data drive. With the remotemount plugin on OMV 3.x, it gets a true mount point that wouldn't wake up a data drive.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it maybe possible to include the ifup netdev script in the omv package? Might make it easier for some people

Since most people only need it when they are using the remoteshare/remotemount plugins, I think those plugins are the best place to keep it. There is no harm in installing the plugin if you don't use it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!