really annoying "shared folder" issue

• I have an ext4 formatted hard drive.

Each time I create a "Shared Folder" on it and then delete that folder later the name of the folder will re-appear after a reboot. And I say the name, because after reboot, although the name is there, it will be empty.

How can I stop this from happening. It was partly the reason why clients on my NFS server were connecting to an empty folder.

I have removed the shared folders from the xml configuration file under "shares" but they shows up again after reboot. I have removed them from fstab, but that does not solve the problem.

Thanks a lot.

• vim /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

search `bind` and delete mntent which reference removed shared folder
    it is workaround.. though

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• do you delete shared folder from webGUI? if yes , ask to delete only shared folder or his content too (data inside de shared Folder) ?

• do you delete shared folder from webGUI? if yes , ask to delete only shared folder or his content too (data inside de shared Folder) ?

I deleted it from the WebGUI, along with all the other places mentioned. And on the WebGUI selected "delete only shared folder," as I obviously needed the contents.

• Glad to hear it works
    I already reported this issue two weeks ago
    if accepted by volker
    fix will be released with next version

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!