My hardware is ready...

• Hey, guys,

I'm interest to use encryption for my data, but only a specific share folder, not entire drive or RAID.
    It's a Samba share.
    What's the best way?
    Maybe eCryptfs ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• What problem? Resize has a very specific use case and is generally used for when a drive is added to a raid array. What are you trying to do? Maybe it is in the audio but I can't hear that.

I just want, as shown in the video, to expand Media or Documents, give it more space.

As I said before, I have no data on the volumes, I just wanted to try to resize the volumes in case I need it

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just want, as shown in the video, to expand Media or Documents, give it more space.

As I said before, I have no data on the volumes, I just wanted to try to resize the volumes in case I need it

Did you create a zfs volume then a luks device on top of that and then an ext4 filesystem inside that? I don't have time to watch the video a bunch of times to figure that out. But either way, you can't resize the luks device with the luks plugin which means you can't resize (at least can't make bigger) a filesystem on that luks device.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you create a zfs volume then a luks device on top of that and then an ext4 filesystem inside that? I don't have time to watch the video a bunch of times to figure that out. But either way, you can't resize the luks device with the luks plugin which means you can't resize (at least can't make bigger) a filesystem on that luks device.

That is exactly what I did!

So is there a way to resize a luks device at all?

If there isn't, that means that the size I chose for the volumes will be the final size?

I tried this (http://alittlestupid.com/2010/…how-to-grow-a-zfs-volume/) but as you can see in the very beginning of the latest video or the image attached, there is no mountpoint for the two volumes created.

P.S : About the videos the longer one is 2min long :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

So is there a way to resize a luks device at all?

I just said you can't resize from the plugin. cryptsetup resize DEVICE_NAME will resize the luks container if you make the device underneath it larger. I do it quite often at work. Then you could resize the filesystem on the LUKS container. Not sure about resizing zfs volumes.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• 1. extend zfs volume size on luks
    as ryecoaaron noted, it can be done cryptosetup resize. (but only in cli, not gui)
    change text inside <> to appropriate value for your needs

Code
    #resize zfs volume
    zfs set volsize=<40GB> <tank/files>
    #resize luks
    cryptosetup resize <zd0-crypt>
    #resize ext4
    resize2fs </dev/dm-0>

it is by design that click lock button is disabled when luks is referenced (for example shared folder use luks)
    don't know why this is designed in such way
    (I think force lock feature is useful but I'm not 100% sure about that)

so, to lock luk that is reference
    just reboot or

Code
    luks close <zd0-crypto>

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von luxflow ()

• Thanks luxflow for your input.

I tried what you and ryecoaaron suggested but it didn't work. :-/

As alaways, I made a video so that you can see if I'm doing anything wrong :

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!