Guidance using clonezilla

• So I need to clone my system ssd as it is about to crap out. Its a 120gb with 2 partitions one about 16 for the OS the other 80 for the plex database and stuff and about 4gb swap. I picked up a 240gb ssd to use. I'd like to bump up the partitions to 20 and 175 or so. I do have a sata to usb bridge I can use or I can probably just plug the new SSD drive into a sata port.

Headless Backup of the System Drive with Clonezilla

Would this guide be correct? it throws me off because it talks about moving the backup to your data disks to me that doesn't make sense because if the system drive goes down you can't get to your data disks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would this guide be correct?

Looks alright.

it throws me off because it talks about moving the backup to your data disks to me that doesn't make sense because if the system drive goes down you can't get to your data disks.

Not true. You can boot a bootable ISO like clonezilla, systemrescuecd, parted magic, etc. No, you can't do it headless but all is not lost.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you boot off a live disk it can read your software raid array?

Yep.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So I made a backups folder on my data drive ( raid 5 array) and when booted into clonezilla when i get to step 12 mounting of partition the only 2 partitions I see are on my SSD that I'm trying to mount to back up. I don't see how to mount the data drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!