is this a folder2ram issue or hardware ?

• this has happened twice to me now and both times since i moved to the SD card solution..

I'm running a gen8 micro server, which i moved the OMV install from an SSD on the OD port to teh inbuilt SD card and using the folder2ram plugin, i also have a USB drive connected to a usb3 port.
    i noticed that if i look at the physical drives or smart tabs i get a communication error and then at some point the servers stops responding, the fans start pulsing between high and low over a one minute period and nothing can be done except a hard power off.
    Since powering back on, and also this happened the last time, there is missing statistics, like a whole weeks worth missing...

is the SD card filling up or some thing or is possible the USB drive ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you look at the logs? It might be running out of memory or segfaulting. I don't think filling the drive would do this.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• unfortunately the log were no help this time as they were full of entries from one of my dockers going crazy, im looking back in the old logs to see if i can find anything

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have a weekly reboot job setup, will this cause the folder2ram plugin to lose all the stats fro mteh past week or should it write them on reboot ?

Assuming you are just using the reboot command, it should sync everything. Better question is why you have a weekly reboot command??

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

because of this happening last time

From having the hardware issue? Did you ever try to figure out what was causing it?

• the logs were useless, there is a big gap in the syslog from jan 22nd to jan 28th when it happened so at this point i cant find the issue
    i will keep an eye in the logs daily to see if the logging stops again, but its only since i started using the folder2ram plugin as my microserver has run OMV for years and i had the drive connected to it previously, that not to say the drive isn't faulty...but the drive is no longer connected so lets see.

• well, it did it again.. its been a while since it did it bu i noticed plex wasnt working earlier, OMV was completely unresponsive even via the ilo.
    a force reboot brought it back, logging is missing since the 18th !!!
    not sure what to do, its become unstable since moving to SD and folder2ram but i dont want to put another ssd in it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

its become unstable since moving to SD and folder2ram but i dont want to put another ssd in it.

You can't have an SD card without the flashmemory plugin and monitoring enabled unless you want to put a new SD card in all the time. I would try a decent quality usb stick over an SD card. If the logs are that important, you might just have to have a scheduled task that calls folder2ram --syncall

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!