Package updates - very slow in scorching repositories

• Hi guys,

my setup is made of OMV3 running on a thumb drive on a Dell T20.

I made a fresh install, so no upgrade from OMV2.x - if I run apt-get update through the console or the webinterface it seems to be very slow. In comparison, on my other NAS running OMV2.x I do not experience the same issues. I haven't added any additional repos in my OMV3.x build, currently activated are:

- Community builds
    - beta packages

for the following repos;

- OMVExtras (S/T)
    - Plex
    - Greyhole
    - Sync
    - Mono (+T)
    - Docker (+T)
    - Jesse BPO

Does anyone know how to fix this or can somebody else confirm the same issue?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is the sync repo. It is very slow.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, I might perform then an update via putty on a fortnightly basis ;-).

I checked this out a couple of times but I did not manage to get a proper apt-get update, it is just too slow. Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Report to the syncthing team that their repo seems slow. Disable the sync repo in omv-extras until then.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Report to the syncthing team that their repo seems slow. Disable the sync repo in omv-extras until then.

I tried to disable it in the repositories page, but there seems to be a problem with deactivating it.

Now I seem to encounter the problem that I get errors that hosts could not be resolved. I guess my prob could be rather DNS related?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess my prob could be rather DNS related?

Yes.

• I just checked my interface settings, DNS is set up and configured for IPv4 (as I do not use v6), but still a problem to resolve e.g. Httpredir.debian.conf.

Did I miss anything?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have ipv6 enabled? I know http redirector is slow when I have ipv6 enabled.

• Do you have ipv6 enabled? I know http redirector is slow when I have ipv6 enabled.

No, I have IPv6 disabled and operate only IPv4 in my home network. Currently it seems like I can barely get a connection outside.

THe main problem that I encounter is the DNS resolve issue - but I have configured my DSN (basically my router who does DNS) in the interfaces tab.

• No, I have IPv6 disabled and operate only IPv4 in my home network. Currently it seems like I can barely get a connection outside.
    THe main problem that I encounter is the DNS resolve issue - but I have configured my DSN (basically my router who does DNS) in the interfaces tab.

Hi guys, I just changed the settings for IPv4 from static to dynamic, apparently now it works to resolve DNS. Any ideas why this appears to be different?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!