New OMV UI

• This isn't a post to ask about a problem. It's just a thread to say that I'm loving the new UI for OMV! Granted, there are a few small issues here and there, but nothing that's really a major block in terms of functionality. Nice job @votdev!

• Me too!
    I just updated my OMV via phone and discovered the new design and was pleased at once!

He, speaking about GUI + phone: Would it be a big deal to have a somewhat responsive WebGUI (something like I have when logging in to my Fritzbox maybe?)?
    I have a 5,9" phone and it is still very difficult (if not impossible) to see everything.

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• Agreed that it's a nice update to the GUI. Great work.

Is there (or would it be possible) a way to configure the font size / text box size and spacing as there is a need to do a lot more scrolling to get to settings? I liked seeing most settings without having the scroll down.

• I'm loving the layout, but:
    - The grey text lacks contrasts and causes accessibility issues. This isn't a color issue, it's the weight (300)
    - Everything is too big, which sucks on a small screen laptop. Zooming out makes the contrast issue worse.

I suggest:
    - Set the text weight from 300 to 400 pretty much everywhere.
    - Set fieldset-header to #829bad instead of #919191
    - Reduce some of the cell spacing/padding by 1px

• Could someone please tell, in which version of OMV the new WebUI was introduced? Thanks

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Done, see https://github.com/openmediava…eaf2ae6b34a6696b33e65b7ac.

• Done, see github.com/openmediavault/open…eaf2ae6b34a6696b33e65b7ac.

Do we have to wait for a new OMV version to see the difference or can I apply this change manually somewhere?

I still have to get used to the new look & feel. Light grey on white, light blue on white ;(

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I like the new design, but a little bit more of contrast would be great.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• In my opinion, the new gui is not nice and not practical....
    If I had seen before, would not make an update.

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• Do we have to wait for a new OMV version to see the difference or can I apply this change manually somewhere?
    I still have to get used to the new look & feel. Light grey on white, light blue on white ;(

Yes, you can edit the file mentioned on that github page with nano. You login with SSH and edit: /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-triton.css

BE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING IT, FOR SAFETY.

If you aren't familiar with the layout of a changed file in a repo, basically, you remove what is in pink-shaded text (and has the - sign at the start of each line) and then add the green-shaded code block lines with + at the start of each line, in the places indicated (making sure to remove the + symbols.

This should be what the changes end up looking like. I'm including only the changed section of the file:

/******************************************************************************/
    /* Corporate colors
    /* default: #98b7cf
    /* darker: #829bad
    /* more darker: #6c8191
    /******************************************************************************/
    /* Miscellaneous */
    .x-form-item-label-default,
    .x-form-cb-label-default,
    .x-form-text-default,
    .x-grid-item,
    .x-panel-body-default,
    .x-panel-header-title-default,
    .x-tree-node-text {
    font-weight: 400;
    }

/* Body */
    body > .x-mask {
    background-color: rgba(47, 52, 63, 0.5);
    }
    /* Form fieldset */
    .x-fieldset-header-default > .x-fieldset-header-text {
    color: #6c8191; /* more darker */
    }

I just did this, and it worked fine.

• In my opinion, the new gui is not nice and not practical....
    If I had seen before, would not make an update.

What do you not like about it? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just trying to understand how you think it falls short. The new design is not perfect, but it's a good start to overhauling OMV's appearance in my opinion.

• What do you not like about it? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just trying to understand how you think it falls short. The new design is not perfect, but it's a good start to overhauling OMV's appearance in my opinion.

Okay maybe I was with my statement hard but at least honest. :)

The design is not nice because the columns are too large, the letters too small and everything seems cimically disproportionate.
    Since one could still wait with this publication until the skin has the correct proportions and mass.
    Is my opinion and certain some user will give me right

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• i have a 13" laptop and the new design is really not optimised for this size screen at all.
    surely, we should have an option now to revert to the old UI in the menu some how ?
    i much prefer the old grey

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!