owncloud installer script

• Offizieller Beitrag

As root:

apt-get install php5-curl smbclient

will fix it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think his plugin will have the same problems. With the owncloud apps, OMV doesn't know they are being installed and you never know what they need for dependencies.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I tried installing Owncloud using the script and couldn't get it to work. Actually, I initially ran it without sudo, then tried again with.

I then ran the uninstall script and now I can't log in to the webgui interface.

I can see the login page, and it correctly refuses access if I put the wrong password in, but the correct credentials result in a flash and a return to the blank form.

SSH and Samba seem to work fine.

This has to be something really simple and stupid, but I can't work it out... and help would be much appreciated.

Paul

• Reboot system.

If you have installed Port-based Installer - access owncloud by http://omv_ip_address:8080/

If you have installed lias-based Installer - access owncloud by http://omv_ip_address/owncloud/ (don't forget this " / " at end)

• Thanks Malow,

My point is that after attempting to install Owncloud I now can't get into the normal OMV webgui interface, either with or without Owncloud installed. I just tried installing again, using the subdirectory method and now can't get apache to start.

Here's the error:

Starting web server: apache2Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/apache2/openmediavault-webgui.d/owncloud.conf:
    Wrapper /var/www/owncloud/php-fcgi cannot be accessed: (2)No such file or directory
    Action 'start' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!

By the looks of it the Owncloud installer script hasn't created the www directory.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The www directory should already be there since OMV is installed at /var/www/openmediavault. Which script did you run? If you used the port based script, do you have something else running on port 8080? What is the output of:

ls -al /var/
    ls -al /var/www/
    ls -al /etc/apache2/owncloud-webgui.d/
    ls -al /etc/apache2/sites-available/

• I used the alias script. I just tried running it again, and I get the following errors:

• Offizieller Beitrag

It must not have installed owncloud. What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep owncloud

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

If there is an owncloud.list in there, apt-get install owncloud.

• Ran apt-get and it looks like I've found the problem: the installer ran out of disk space.

OMV's running on a 2gb USB key which is pretty full.

I've deleted the contents of apt/archive and I'm trying again.

What's the easiest way to clone the USB system drive onto a new (bigger) key?

Thanks for this, by the way!

- and that worked, OMV GUI back and Owncloud working (well, with a whole lot of permissions issues which need going through, but working)

• Zitat von "pbolger"

[...]

What's the easiest way to clone the USB system drive onto a new (bigger) key?

[...]

The best way would be to clone it to an SSD or HDD instead. OMV or Debian itself doesn't last long on USB Sticks...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Nice idea, but I'm using a little HP server which doesn't have enough HDD slots. Guess I need a backup plan though.. Rsync and cron backup to my desktop? Not sure about how to maintain it as a bootable image.

• A SSD can be placed nearly everywhere, it can be even be ductaped somewhere...^^

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• As a matter of interest, what's the practical difference between a SSD and a flashdrive? Aren't they both just chunks of flash memory with different controllers? There's certainly plenty of anecdotal evidence that SSDs aren't that reliable in the long term.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most SSDs have wear leveling which helps them last a lot longer than a flash drive that doesn't have wear leveling. Flash drives usually use a cheaper type of memory that doesn't allow as many writes as well.

• As Ryecoaaron said, SSDs have an intelligent controller which controlls the writes to the individual cells. Unlike a HDD where sector X is allways the same regardless of how often you write to it, the SSD with wear leveling switches this sector X nearly on every write so that every cell on the SSD gets the same amount of writes. On Flash Drives this life-extending feature doesn't exist so it writes to the same cell over and over again. When the cells only allow 1000 writes, you can think how fast that device will fail.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

I RECOMMEND USING THE OFFICIAL PLUGIN INSTEAD OF THIS SCRIPT.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!