advice for upgrade to OMV 3

• Hi,

First, sorry for my english.

I planned to upgrade my NAS. I need some advise.

My plugin list is :

I have 4 hdd in a RAID 5, two users wich use the samba share, NFS and transmission client

For upgrade OMV, i have read this procedure :

It's enought ?

Thanks for your tips

• You'll never be sure. Always back up your data b4 any movements! At least OMV's settings! You can always restore'em easily.

"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow"
    ESR.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jap0 ()

• Probably you should do as subzero79 said:

Zitat von subzero79

To avoid any problems, clean install is the recommended way.

It may resolve any of your problems.

"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow"
    ESR.

• Piggybacking, all of my extras are running in docker containers. Is there a better way of migrating my config (including SnapRAID and mergefs) other than just backing up /var/lib/docker and hoping for the best?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I usually have /var/lib/docker with a symlink to a data drive, to avoid this kind of trouble. Mergerfs can be just regenerated, just keep a copy of the uuid number used so you can replace in config.xml later, since that number might be used in some personal scripts or symlinks, that way the mergerfs mount point would be the same.
    Snap raid acts on tops of fs so it's about selecting data drives and parity, which can be done in ui, that's why there is a plugin.
    An experienced user in Debian an Omv shouldn't have a problem sorting out a bad upgrade, usually broken packages and repos.

Unfortunately this time (as it happened 0.5->1.0) we are not so many here to help using remote sessions mostly due to lack of time.

As we constantly say to people. Have a backup of your important data. A clean install should be with all data drives offline (disconnected) because we all know how the ISO installer works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I backup and restore just the config?

You can't.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, incorrect you have to invert it, first source then destination.

cd /var/lib/
    ln -s /media/uuid/docker .

It has to be no docker folder there. Don't delete it of course if is a working folder. if you do that your gonna loose all containers.

So when I do

cd /var/lib
    ln -s /media/78bc2183-39f9-4870-bf80-eb5108685400/omv/docker

it outputs:

ln: failed to create symbolic link './docker': File exists

Eh, who cares. I got bored and did omv-release-upgrade and now I'm on 3.x with nary an issue in sight. Neat.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lh1983 () aus folgendem Grund: nevermind

• Sorry for the delay, but thanks for your answers.

Well, you advise to make a fresh install.
    So, What about my raid, my users ?
    The raid will be reconize after the installation ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!