Failing update from 2.x to 3

• I tried the not so recommended method of removing my plug-ins and running omg-release-upgrade. It fails with the attached message. Then I notice that my /etc/apt/sources.list file has been updated from wheezy to jessie and any other updates fail.

• I ran those commands just now. the sudo apt-get (update and upgrade) and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade come back with

E: The value 'wheezy' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources

• I did run both the "first" and "second" commands in the order you listed them. When I ran the second sets, I still got the error. I'm not looking forward to a clean install and reconfiguring all my setting and rsync events, but I think that's where I'll end up. I expect the same work on my primary OMV box. This is my DR box.

• Please show

Code
    /etc/apt/apt.conf

If it does not exist, create it with this content:

Code
    APT::Default-Release "jessie";

Repeat the second step from "The Master" as mentioned above.

HTH

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• I made a backup of /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-release after noticing that it referenced wheezy, and the 3.0 upgrade kicked off.

After a reboot, I could not log in to the GUI, but I could SSH, and I was getting email notifications stating "Does not exist Service omv-engined"

I did another apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade. It came up with a message about my configuration file '/etc/default/openmediavault" and it recommended I answer N so as to keep my modified file. I chose Y since I had nothing too big to lose. After another reboot, the system isn't kicking any error alerts, the GUI works, and it seems the system is working ok with my config.

Code
    Configuration file '/etc/default/openmediavault'
     ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
     ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
       What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
        Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
        N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
          D     : show the differences between the versions
          Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
     The default action is to keep your current version.
    *** openmediavault (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? Y
  • ok ... i think is better when you install a fresh version of OMV 3

True, but after what seems to be a successful in place upgrade on my DR box, I went ahead and did the same on my production box. Removed all plug-ins, did all available updates, then did the 3.0 upgrade. It went very smooth on the production box and now both seem to be running v3 just fine, and I did not have to re-do my entire configuration on either.

Had the DR box blown up and needed a clean install, I would have just gone that route for both to be safe.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!