Can't login via Finder or Time Machine

• Hi all,

I'm on macOS 10.12.5 and OMV 3.0.71 and I can't login with my user credentials. I can not login via Finder, even though the BananaPi I set OMV up on appears in its sidebar. I can also not login via the Time Machine setup dialog, even though the drive appears. It's as if I'd enter the wrong credentials, even though I'm sure I don't since I use a password manager and just copy and paste them. The user has read-write permission on the share that is provided via AFP.

The same behavior happens when trying to login via my user account, via the web admin or via root. It prompts me for username and password and rejects anything I enter. I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• I was in the meantime able to fix this problem. My previous password was very long. The problem disappeared once I tested with a newly set up user account and a single letter password. The solution is to shorten your password.

Can anybody tell me why this is? Is this a restriction by AFP?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!