From MacMini to Proliant

• Hi guys,

Total newbie in OMV but after two days im sold.

I have for many years used an Late 2006 MacMini with 4 GB RAM with a Core Duo CPU. It ran OSX with Transmit and PMS. All media were stored in external MyBook USB drives. This worked fine but the performance during transcode was not that good.

I decided to try and set up an slightly more powerful Plex machine that ran Linux so my set up now is an HP Proliant DL385 with 2 x 8 core AMD Apteron CPU's and 74 GB RAM. And yes, the server laughes at the transcoding. I haven't gone over 2% of CPU usage so far. The media is not yet stored correctly, my plan is to run RAID with only 8TB HDD's but for now i have 2 x 4-bay Orico HDD Dock where i putted the sata disks from the different MyBooks. I have only 1 64GB SSD internally running the OMV.

I first ran Ubuntu Server and managed all stuff in terminal but since i'm no Linux guru i just love to be able to manage the server in the OMV GUI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!