I am finally ready to try and move my Windows 10 server over to OMV, but have run into some initial questions.
Here is what I currently have, hardware-wise:
* An OMV Server with two large hard drives (I need to set up four folders - "music", "photos", "video" and "recordings")
* 4 x Raspberry Pis, running Libreelec
* Laptop, running Linux Mint
* Desktop PC, dual-booting into Linux Mint and Windows 10
* Various Android Tablets (some have Kodi installed)
* I am going to install TVHeadend and have this record to the "recordings" folder and then steam the recordings via the TVH Kodi Plugin.
* I am going to install Emby and have this stream ripped DVDs from the "videos" folder.
* I need all devices to have access to the "music" and "photos" folders, generally.
My first two questions (there will certainly be others as I put everything together):
1. Should I share every folder via both NFS and Samba, given that the Desktop computer may sometimes be running Windows?
2. Do I need to give special permission to the "recordings" and "video" folders so TVHeadend and Emby can use them?